Valued Contributor

Oh trust me I was angry! I let the vet know it. She was mildly sedated. She was a very strong cat. She was overweight. She had lost 1 1/2 pounds since May. We had to bath her once a week. She was pretty good about that. When her fur got too long she had to be clipped. We've had it done before, about twice a year. She was a short haired cat when we let her in! She was starving. She wanted to know she could have food when she wanted it. That's how she got overweight. I haven't had a good 2 years health wise. She would even eat the dogs dry food! It's a real shock. When we are ready we will adopt from a shelter. Our shih tzu's we rescue dogs from Moody air force base in Lousiania. The owners dog was pregnant & he got orders to leave. They were 7 weeks old & he had to leave the puppies. We jumped at the chance to have 2 dogs from the same litter. I know we will get over it. Right now we "see" them everywhere!  It doesn't help that our two dogs are looking for them. Thank you! 

Esteemed Contributor

My heart broke reading your post. Sending (((HUGS))) to your family and all your fur babies. Blessings. 

Respected Contributor

Re: This is too much!

[ Edited ]

I, too, am heartbroken - sometimes I wonder which is worse: mourning our pets or watching our other pets "look" for their missing pal.  I know our Rocko didn't totally get over missing his partner, Millie.  They were always together.

I would also delve further with the vet about kittie's death.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss @DAD .  Something happened that wasn't right.  I would want to know more.  It's very hard to lose a pet under any circumstance, but to come as a complete shock is really awful.

I had a cat many years ago who was my first pet.  When she was six years old she swallowed something and had to have surgery to remove it.  The Vet called to tell me she was fine after the surgery, and not five minutes later called to tell me she had died.  I was devastated.  I was so young and didn't have any idea what could have happened.  I found out later from someone who worked at the Vet Clinic at the time that the Vet had not used the safest anesthesia.  That's why she died.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the loss of Miss Kitty. Keeping you in my thoughts.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

Yes, she was supposed to be mildly sedated. I'll never know what really happened. She never left our house except to go to the vet. She may have been too stressed to handle it. We sure do miss her & Bailey. They were our family & losing fur babies hurts. Maybe a stray will find us again. We do seem to have a sign on our house that reads "suckers live here"!

Honored Contributor

@DAD   I'm so sorry that you've had back to back losses and I offer my deepest sympathy to your family. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@DAD  I'm so sorry for your loss of Miss Kitty and also Bailey.  We love them so much and to have a shocking death like that is awful.  💔

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

So sorry for all this sad news. No matter how many we lose, it never gets any easier. My thoughts are with you and I understand.

Respected Contributor
@DAD...very sorry to hear this. Seems something went terribly wrong. I also can relate to your losses of several pets...its just so awful. I lost my cat of 14 yrs to ear cancer that spread, then my my mixed pit to lymphoma, and 8 weeks later my beloved boy Maverick, Lab, to bone cancer. All within 10 months...unheard of!! I honestly thought I was having a heart attack from all sorrow and stress.
I hope when your feeling better, you get another dog, or kitty. We adopted another Lab from a rescue, and still have my Maltese, Teaspoon, who just turned 15. Again, sorry for loss.