Honored Contributor

Re: This has been the worst year ever.......so much loss..

@savetheanimals  I'm so very sorry for your losses.  I know how hard it is to lose a dear pet and a parent.  Three losses is a lot to handle in such a short time.  You need to take time to grieve.  Know that others will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers.  Honey Bee was a beautiful cat.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sorry you had such a bad year.  Give yourself time to grieve and do what makes you feel better (or not worse) to comfort yourself.  If you don't want to decorate for the holidays, then don't.  The first set of holidays after losing people (and pets) you loved are very difficult.  My husband and I stopped going to church after my father died.  I could not make it through the songs without bursting into tears.  It has been 2 1/2 years and I think we only went at Easter so far this year and even that was difficult.  I hope you can find the time and motivation to do some fun things with friends and family.  Everyday will get a little bit easier.  Hugs to you.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

elvislover, Honey Bee has the sweetest face I've ever seen.  What a precious joy she must have been for you.  I know you miss her very much.  With both parents having dementia at the same time, you have been going through a lot for quite a while.  You are really going to need a lot of time to just breathe and let all of this sink in.  When my mother passed away, I let Christmas exist in my heart but I let the rest of it go.  I did put out a two foot tree with colored lights, no decorations.  Thats all I wanted and it was enough.  I heard Christmas music on the radio and watched my Christmas movies when I felt like it.  Please take good care of yourself at this time and talk about your losses as much as you want.  We are here for you on the QVC forums and you can talk to us as much as you need to.  God bless you and ease your heart, Love SC

Honored Contributor

so sorry for all your losses and all that entails.  take it one day at a time, there's no rush, take time for you to mourn your losses.

Super Contributor

@savetheanimals - I'm so sorry for your losses ... my heart breaks for you.

We all grieve in different ways, but I would encourage you to think about getting a new pet so you can focus on loving and taking care of something again ... not just focusing on your losses.

You are in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

@savetheanimals

I think there is no timeline for grieving and people are different. There will probably come a time when you break down crying and that is OK. I think you need to be kind to yourself. Find some fun things to do and try to connect with people. I think you will know if and when the time is right for another pet.

For me the holidays tend to be tough due to missing my relatives. I try to find things to do that connect with others.  If you feel the grieving is too much be sure to look into counseling. Take care.

Your cat is beautiful.

doxie

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry for your loss.

I know the holidays will be difficult but only do what you feel you can do.

Don't do things that bring you pain.

Each year the holidays will become a bit easier.

Frequent Contributor

I would like to thank everyone for your kind words. Just having a really hard time right now, but I know it will get better.

Frequent Contributor

That’s a lot of loss all at once. I’m so sorry, it just doesn’t seem fair and I’m sure it’s overwhelming.
I’m keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope every day gets a little better for you.
Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing your pain with us - there are a LOT of good folks on the internet to share your grief (I know - been there, done that).

You will find you have a lot of online friends sending good thoughts and prayers your way that will hopefully make you feel less alone at this time.

Honey Bee is a darling, beautiful cat.  I hope, in time, she will lead you to adopting another cat to enrich your life.. .

Please take special care of yourself, OK?

Denise