Trusted Contributor

This Is Why I Hate Leaving The House

[ Edited ]

Does this happen to you too???   I always feel guilty for leaving!!   My little guy is always waiting for me to come home - even if I'm only gone for less than 1/2 an hour - he's always wagging the tail and jumping for joy!May be an illustration of text that says 'NEVER KNOW HOW LONG YOU'RE GONE, BUTI'M HAPPIEST WHEN YOU'RE BACK 1/18 © 2018 Maria Scrivan Dist. by Tribune Content Agency, LLC. maria Scrivan'

Respected Contributor

Re: This Is Why I Hate Leaving The House

Unconditional Love Always.

Respected Contributor

Yorkshire Terrier When It's Too Hard To Look Back And You're Too Afraid To  Look Ahead Look Right Beside You And I'll Be There Canvas Poster - TeeNavi

Honored Contributor

Dogs have no concept of time.  Whether you've been gone for 5 minutes or 5 hours, they don't know the difference.  They just know they missed you. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I get the same happy,tail wagging, bright eyed welcome home if I've been gone 15 minutes or hours. And I'm just as happy to see her as she is me. ❤

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Dogs have no concept of time.  Whether you've been gone for 5 minutes or 5 hours, they don't know the difference.  They just know they missed you. 

@Kachina624    Kitty had "separation anxiety" at first......then she realized, "Hey.....I've got the place to MYSELF"........     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Yes, every day, and I also feel guility.  My dogs hate when we are not home with them.

Valued Contributor

I do hate leaving my pets alone cuz I miss them when I'm out. I don't feel quite as guilty any more as I used to because one day I'm leaving for work in the winter and it was horrible weather. Below zero windchill, snowing, the whole bit and I thought Why do I feel guilty? They get to stay in the warm and sleep and play. They don't have to freeze until the car warms up, they don't have to drive on the treacherous roads and have to look out for the other drivers as well as myself. So, I miss them terribly, but don't feel as guilty as I used to. when I have to go out. 

cookin

Honored Contributor

@silkyk   Love it, I'm a Yorkie mom, thru and thru.