Honored Contributor

This Is Alarming! Dog DNA found in Rachel Ray Pet Food

Man Mad

The court documents of a lawsuit filed in April 2020 against Rachel Ray Nutrish Just 6 dog food includes DNA test results (“DNA content analysis” – Exhibit A) that confirms what many have feared about pet food for decades. Dog DNA was found in a “Rachel Ray Lamb Meal and Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food.”

for more info here is the web page.....

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/lawsuit-testing-finds-dog-dna-in-dog-food/?fbclid=IwAR0mEuNsYCL-pSRmjZ...

Trusted Contributor

Re: This Is Alarming! Dog DNA found in Rachel Ray Pet Food

I hate to see this. But they do use any dog or road kill in cheaper dog food products. A lot of dog shelters and vets also give remains to be used for food.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   That list makes me happy with my decision I should not have another dog.  Although I haven't followed pet food discussions for the long time I have been without my Westie, I do fear that the ingredients found in one brand are also used elsewhere.  

I certainly don't think RR prepares the food bearing her name, so if I had my friend I would want to know her manufacturer.  It's easy to avoid the known, not so simple to avoid all the others.

I couldn't even say whether that list is vastly different from   much other pet food or how the animals at the top of that list are acquired.  They don't please me more than the others!

Honored Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

I hate to see this. But they do use any dog or road kill in cheaper dog food products. A lot of dog shelters and vets also give remains to be used for food.

@dogsx3    Is Rachel Ray considered cheaper?  I thought she put her name on it to be quality pet food...  looks like she is just in it for the money and could care less what is in the food.

Respected Contributor

@dogsx3That's disturbing.  Not to mention if those animals were Euthanized by Injection that drug is in the food as well.

Honored Contributor

There is such an infinitesimal amount, it looks like it could have gotten there by accident.  Perhaps cremated ashes?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

OMG.....I NEVER REALIZED what some of THE INGREDIENTS are THAT GO INTO DOG FOOD....I've always purchased  what I thought was quality or better... I was happy to pay more..now I'm not sure 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   curious.  Why is that small percentage of dog alarming when there are other and much larger percentages from other animals?  

I never had any desire to have pet sheep or cattle, so on an emotional level the dog use is disturbing.  I need to know more before I would be alarmed.

Right now the missing piece of information is how all the animals are procured.  That data might be more than disturbing.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops  It is just not something normally thought to be ok to feed our dogs... other dogs.... maybe in Korea where they raise and slaughter dogs for human consumtion... but NOT here is the USA.  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   certainly not a part of our culture---