Respected Contributor

Re: This Is Alarming! Dog DNA found in Rachel Ray Pet Food

Maybe we should be more concerned with the medicago and saccharum.  Good grief, what ARE those???

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Maybe we should be more concerned with the medicago and saccharum.  Good grief, what ARE those???

I had no idea what those were either @Another new name Sue , so I looked them up.  They're both plants.

I'm not at all concerned that there is .008% dog in Rachel Ray's dog food.  That has to have come from a worker's clothes or something similar.  They aren't putting dog meat in her food.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The OP post makes it sound like it's  'Soylent Green:  Pet Food Version' ...uh not!

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I had no idea what those were either @Another new name Sue , so I looked them up.  They're both plants.

I'm not at all concerned that there is .008% dog in Rachel Ray's dog food.  That has to have come from a worker's clothes or something similar.  They aren't putting dog meat in her food.

@NickNack   Dog food companies out source powdered meat to add to their dry dog and cat foods. Who knows what is in the mystery meat or where it came from... so there is a good possiblity there is dog inthis

Trusted Contributor

I had heard things like this, though I try not to. Very sad.
Honored Contributor

When we first got our dog I read all I could about dog food. I remember Blue Buffalo acknowledged in court that a “substantial” and “material” portion of Blue Buffalo pet food sold to consumers contained poultry by-product meal, despite advertising claims to the contrary. 

Also Blue Buffalo Duck dog food contained no duck, it was chicken.

We started to give our dog less and less dog food. And cooked chicken or hamburger for him every meal.