Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking About Painting Of Henry

@NickNack

I like the full body better.. I would not lighten the eye much. That is a beautiful cat. The artist did a fabulous job on your other two babies. I can not believe they are only 6" by 6".

Alright, I see a bird in the black of his fur. No I am not drinking!

doxie

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I ended up sending the artist a slightly different full bodied picture where his eyes are a little lighter.  I told her that I thought I wanted him painted just as he is sitting on the table but to make his right eye a little bit lighter if she could.  I'm attaching the final picture I sent her.  I appreciate all the feedback.

IMG_1191.JPG

I like this one best because I see the "cattitude" and he is looking like he owns the place. He looks very regal. I also like to match the full body with the other two being full body.

I was noticing that the white fur is shaped like a heart by his hind leg.

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

I ended up sending the artist a slightly different full bodied picture where his eyes are a little lighter.  I told her that I thought I wanted him painted just as he is sitting on the table but to make his right eye a little bit lighter if she could.  I'm attaching the final picture I sent her.  I appreciate all the feedback.

IMG_1191.JPG

I like this one best because I see the "cattitude" and he is looking like he owns the place. He looks very regal. I also like to match the full body with the other two being full body.

I was noticing that the white fur is shaped like a heart by his hind leg.

doxie

Thanks @doxie1.   I hadn't noticed that about the heart shape.  That's neat.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@doxie1    

I clearly see that "bird" you are interpreting on kitty's fur on his back as if a person was given the Rorschach inkblot test  ... it resembles the head of a black cardinal looking right~!  

Respected Contributor

@seaBreeze

Thanks for seeing it. I was wondering if I needed to seek medical attention!

doxie

Honored Contributor

@doxie1 wrote:

@seaBreeze

Thanks for seeing it. I was wondering if I needed to seek medical attention!

doxie

@doxie1  I have looked and looked, and I don't see it.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack.  Henry has such beautiful markings, I think you ought to go for the full body.  Keep taking photos until you get one that's perfect.  Animal photography is an art too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

The cardinal's head is the entire black area on cat's back...there is no body to this bird.

The back of cardinal's head runs top to bottom of cat's back... the beak is open, and is facing downward @ a 45 degree slant ... the bird is looking to the right.    I even see 'an eyeball' ... it's faint, but it's there Doxie!  

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

@NickNack 

The cardinal's head is the entire black area on cat's back...there is no body to this bird.

@The back of cardinal's head runs top to bottom of cat's back... the beak is open, and is facing downward @ a 45 degree slant ... the bird is looking to the right.    I even see 'an eyeball' ... it's faint, but it's there Doxie!  

@seaBreeze  @doxie1  I see it now!  Thanks for explaining this sea breeze.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I like the full body better, but Henry is a cutie so I’m sure either one would be beautiful.