Respected Contributor

@waterlily  ❤️ Thank you for the response. They are such a joy. I'm happy to hear Fred is doing so well at his age. 

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl Thank you for the advice. I'm glad Darcy is doing better. I don't work outside of the home so I'm with her almost all of the time. 

Respected Contributor

@Kitlynn That is so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. Bella's personality has completely changed. She used to be so feisty and grouchy with all the other dogs and people too. It's great that she's more tolerant but it's not the personality I'm used to. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt Thank you for the response. It's sad and difficult to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1, I do understand what it is like for your pup to be needy.  Darcy is like my shadow and it is difficult to get out of the house without her.  We are the only stable/permanent home she has had in her life (5 different pounds before us).

Good luck to you!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl Aww poor Darcy. But now she has you 😊❤️ Thank you! 

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Kitlynn That is so sad. I'm so sorry for your loss. Bella's personality has completely changed. She used to be so feisty and grouchy with all the other dogs and people too. It's great that she's more tolerant but it's not the personality I'm used to. 

Thank You. Shay had a lot of personality changes also. It is just hard to see this happening and she had it for quite some time but as long as she was eating, drinking and able to go out to the bathroom we dealt with it. But then when she couldn't go out anymore and was non stop barking at the wall during the night and day we knew it was time to to let her go. Not easy to make that decision but she really wasn't enjoying things anymore.

Honored Contributor

I think she's got some inner pain going on too.  

Honored Contributor

In addition to dementia, another thing this can indicate is heart problems.  I've had many dogs with heart problems, and not being able to get settled at night is one of the main symptoms.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Prettychis, has your vet suggested Anipryl for your little Bella?  That product has been used for "doggie dementia" for some time, though I have never had a dog that needed it.  I would urge you to talk to your vet about Anipryl, it might be a very beneficial medicine to improve Bella's quality of life!