Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Prettychis, has your vet suggested Anipryl for your little Bella?  That product has been used for "doggie dementia" for some time, though I have never had a dog that needed it.  I would urge you to talk to your vet about Anipryl, it might be a very beneficial medicine to improve Bella's quality of life!

I was going to suggest this also.  It would be worth a try.  I would think a young vet would know about this, but there is ALOT to be said for the "old" vet that has seen so many things through the years. 

Your dog also sounds as if it has separation anxiety.  There are thing that can be given for this.  There are natural things such as valerian or chamomile.  I would look into this just to give your dog some relief.  It is great that her bloodwork is "normal",  but there is most certainly something wrong.  Look a little further and you may be able to come up with something to relieve this anxiety. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Owners of senior dogs need to google and read about "old dog disease".  There is actually a condition with that name. I'd never heard of it, but my last collie had it. The dog becomes so dizzy it cannot walk, and it's eyeballs constantly jerk.  It's survivable with a couple of weeks of expensive vet care. My dog was old for a Collie and had other problems so I elected to have her euthanized.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment