Trusted Contributor

They're just amazing!  My 2 senior kitties are attempting to "mouse."

They've both been camping by the baseboard in the kitchen for the past hour .. waiting, waiting (I'm assuming a mouse?).  If they do catch something, it will be something to see just how quickly they can run ..

As I've mentioned in other posts, they've slowed down quite a bit.  

I'll just have to wait & see how this plays out.  I'm placing my bet on the mouse, just don't think my girls have the speed now .. at the very least, it will be comical.

I just thought they were both past that stage, haven't see them do that in so long.

Trusted Contributor

Drama over ... they both stopped, probably napping again.

Trusted Contributor

My ten year old long- haired boy has spent lots of time over the last year meandering around my townhouse, apparently enjoying being “in retirement.”  However, about two weeks ago, as I was falling asleep, I was aware he was playing with a toy mouse right next to the bed.  Because his bringing a toy to the bedroom was unusual, I flipped on the light.  The “toy” turned out to be a dead mouse that my kitty wanted me to see.  That mouse, and a second one the next night, who also is in mouse heaven, came in via my laundry hook- up.  Neighbors on either side of me have had similar rodent visitors.

As I am typing, my boy is on nightly mouse patrol downstairs.  It is amazing how quick our older kitties can be. I am betting on your “ girls.”  I will say that Hunter (my boy) seems to be sleeping more during the day to make up for his evenings (over the last two weeks) of being on mouse duty. 🙀

Honored Contributor

@KailaS. It's a wonder your boy didn't bring his prize into your bed and drop it by your face for you to admire.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had a mouse about 2 years ago and my cats chased it into a closet. I tried to catch it with my hands (wearing gloves) and was surprised at how high they jump. The cats and I gave up. I put one of those traps with a hinged door (doesn't hurt the mouse), put peanut butter in it and within the hour I had the mouse. I taped the door shut, jumped in my car and took it and released it in a field near my house.

Esteemed Contributor

This brings up memories of our kitty Lily.  One morning I came down to the kitchen and saw a lump under the big rug in front of the sink.  Surprise!  I was shocked to see that pampered pussycat had it in her.  And how thoughtful to hide the mouse,

for what purpose I’ll never know.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

This brings up memories of our kitty Lily.  One morning I came down to the kitchen and saw a lump under the big rug in front of the sink.  Surprise!  I was shocked to see that pampered pussycat had it in her.  And how thoughtful to hide the mouse,

for what purpose I’ll never know.

@PamfromCT    Her attempt at "gift wrapping", of course!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@KailaS 

We never know what our furbabies will do next.  Hunter's acting the same as my girls use to be on nightly mouse watch.  Up all night, sleep all day.

Hunter's got much more "play" in him than my 2 girls do.  Every once in awhile they surprise me.  I hope you have many more years to enjoy with Hunter.  They do make our lives more fulfilling.

Trusted Contributor

@PamfromCT 

What a cute story of your Sweet Lily.

Maybe she buried it because she treasured & wanted to surprise you with her gift.  

Years ago, when I lived in my townhouse I had 2 sister/brother cats & they use to bring me their "surprises" & leave them for me on the deck - both birds & mice.  Ugg.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@KailaS. It's a wonder your boy didn't bring his prize into your bed and drop it by your face for you to admire.

They'll do that with a favored stuffed fuzzy toy. Many mornings I've had "mousies" at the bedside.