Honored Contributor

Cute but noisy!!!  One outside our bedroom window a few night ago woke me up.  I had never heard all that noise before.  Now this morning, there's another one out there, maybe that one was a bird.  It's raining again, lucky us, and they probably love this.  Our grass sure does.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal 

If the chipmunks are that close to the house and window, I would have someone check that there are no openings that they could squeeze through and then build nests inside walls or duct work.  If there is a " vent, " make sure there is a screen to prevent entry.

We had this problem at our mountain place: they built a nest next to the shower exhaust vent and caused the moisture to build up in the bathroom and mess the ceiling drywall in one spot.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Some years we have a lot of chipmunks in our yard and then other years we don’t.  I remember the noise they could make. They would run back and forth across the street in our subdivision between our house and another.  This year I’ve only seen one so far. 

Honored Contributor

Living in Maine ,in the country we have lots of chipmunks, there was a bumper crop of them last year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I wish we had chipmunks, I miss them.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

In all of the almost 50 years that I have lived here in the city of Colorado Springs, I've seen a chipmunk twice in my trees. They usually stay in the higher foothills areas. they sure are cute! Their little tails sticking straight up in the air like a rudder...lol!

Respected Contributor

I love seeing chipmunks! We don't have them where I live so it's exciting to see the cute little things when I go somewhere they live. I've heard they can be intrusive so I guess it's good that we don't have them here, the squirrels are enough of a problem. Not sure I've ever been close enough to them to hear them