Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: The Love of Dogs

@MickD wrote:

Adopt a shelter animal as they will love you forever.....one of my rescues is Sammie a beautiful crazy flat-coated retriever!  image.jpeg

@MickD

I have a very similar looking shelter dog.  Chow/Lab mix 75 pounds with a polka dot tongue!  I love big dogs and shelter dogs are the best!

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Count me in as one not growing up with a pet, except for a couple of goldfish for a very short period of time.  DH and I adopted our first cat a couple of years into our marriage and added three more to our family about 10 yrs. later.  We tried twice with dogs when our kids were young and were horrible at it.  Fast forward to 3 1/2 yrs. ago when we adopted our current dog.  I'm crazy about that boy and don't know what I'd ever do without him.  But realistically, I don't know if we'll own another one once he's gone.  For one thing, I don't think I could love another dog as much and two, at our current age I don't know that either DH or I will be willing to put the work in with training and such when we're in our late 60's.

You guys are just CHILDREN!!!  Way not too old for another dog!!!

Contributor

I am definitely a dog lover and have two goldendoodles; Gracie and Lily. I live alone, and they are so much company.  There is nothing like the welcome I get when I come home from work.

Contributor

Spoiler
Love my fur kids, more so with human kids on their own.  Cannot imagine ever being without dogs.  

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@goldenowner@goldensrbest, as a former Golden parent, I can only assume you have a powerhouse for a vacuum! Woman LOL

Love your pics!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@goldenowner wrote:
Spoiler
Love my fur kids, more so with human kids on their own.  Cannot imagine ever being without dogs.  

image.jpeg

@goldenowner  OMG, where's the "love" button?!?!

Contributor

The Dyson has a place of honor in the kitchen.  In our home, dog hair is both a condiment and fashion accessory!

We are now down to 2 as we lost our oldest girl (age 9) to an aggressive heart tumor 6 weeks ago😢  I miss her so much.....

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@goldenowner@goldensrbest, as a former Golden parent, I can only assume you have a powerhouse for a vacuum! Woman LOL

Love your pics!

Central vacuum system, and you still have hair, but small price to pay for them loving me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldenowner wrote:

The Dyson has a place of honor in the kitchen.  In our home, dog hair is both a condiment and fashion accessory!

We are now down to 2 as we lost our oldest girl (age 9) to an aggressive heart tumor 6 weeks ago😢  I miss her so much.....

Spoiler

Sorry to hear you lost one, my oldest is 13 ,and3months old, i worry about him all the time.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh your going to get a ton of comments on this thread!!  I grew up with animals, can't imagine not having them..but didn't get my own dog until 6 years ago..always had cats as an adult..thought I was a cat person, until I got my lab...omg...now I get the dog thing!!!  She is so amazing and I adore her, as does hubby and kids..still love kitties, we have two of those also, but I believe I've officially become a dog person😍

The meaning of life is to find your gift, the purpose of life is to give it away.