Honored Contributor

Re: The Green Grass of Home !!!

Beautiful!  I used to love riding my strawberry roan, Rocket just below the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

G l o r i o u s. 

I never outgrew the 'horse phase' as a little girl; they're one of my favorite animals. Heart

Love your posts, @hayseed00 . 8)

Regular Contributor

The picture of peace and serenity.  So gorgeous, thank you.

Although not comfortable around horses up close personally, I enjoy seeing them out in pastures in the countryside. Luckily we live in the sticks so I do get to see them all the time. I appreciate their beauty and grace and love hearing heartwarming stories about them and their people.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 

Thank you for the beautiful photos of Ben and Rocket.  They are perfection.

A woman who lives on what used to be part of my husband's family farm has two, older rescues.  One is black and white, and the other brown and white.  I think they were work horses from Amish farms.  

They graze in patures that I can easily walk past, so I always visit them when we drive to the farm, which is almost every Sunday.

With permission from the owner, I save the rind from watermelon which I cut into small cubes for the horses.  I let her feed them the treats, but have done so myself now and then (again, with her permission).

Oh, my, it's a real slobberfest!  They seem to really enjoy it and chew with great gusto!  

I love stroking their noses...they always come to the fence when I walk by with the yellow lab.  Everyone gets stroked and sniffed.  

It's the highlight of my afternoon.

Do Ben and Rocket enjoy any special treats?

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman  Yes, all four of our babies enjoy their treats, especially carrots.  We also give them a crunchy apple flavored horse biscuit.  Our horses are fat and sassy.  Here's a pic of Cindy Cinderella enjoying the good eats !!!IMG_20200604_191956.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman   I took this pic of our mare, Cindy Cinderella with a beautiful sky for a backdrop !!!103320524_3203267063064650_5289271081464170137_n.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@hayseed00 

Oh, my...she is really a beautiful horse.  I love her blonde mane and bangs!

I'm so happy to know she is loved and treasured by you and your family. 

I would wish that for all horses!

Thanks for posting.  I would be tempted to spend the day walking around with her if she was mine.