Esteemed Contributor

Doorkins was a stray cat that took up residence in a cathedral in Southwick, England.  If you are interested in watching the touching service, here is the link.

https://mymodernmet.com/doorkins-magnificat-memorial/?fbclid=IwAR3ZewBXZrnz8dZqOP7JNg1XRNI0SiOsG6-s1...

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Isn't it wonderful how they find a home?  That was an entertaining one too. Such a sweetheart.

Long ago, when monitors were big and warm, my vet had two indoor strays.  One for each front desk unit.  

Surprising how they comforted owners by allowing themselves to be petted.  They knew.

Super Contributor

Re: The Funeral of Doorkins

[ Edited ]

I have been to the cathedral many times and on several of my visits I got to pet Doorkins Magnificat ! She often spent time in the crypt especially if the cathedral had many visitors. She could and would bite if she was in a "mood" ! I purchased several note cards with her picture at the cathedral gift shop.....still have them !  Very nice memories for me.

Contributor

Re: The Funeral of Doorkins

[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness, this funeral service brought tears to me, and gladness to my heart that Doorkins found her forever home in such an grand Cathedral.  How touching a story.

The message in the service was very much heartfelt!  Thank you for sharing this story/link with us!  May all be well with each and everyone who reads this message.  And may Doorkins RIP.