Trusted Contributor

Last year, we pulled out (of a closet behind a staircase)

about ten boxes we had been storing of photos.

We wanted everything at the ready in case of a fire.

Now I am SLOWLY trying to go through the boxes.

I have thrown out the many duplicates, the poorly

focused, etc. 

I pulled out all the photos of our dogs over the years--

a genuine pile. 

It was wonderful seeing them all.  My husband choked up

at breakfast looking at so many of them.  They meant so

much to us. 

Among them all were so many photos of our first grandchild, now almost fifteen years old.  Of course

we love her dearly, but...

It's those dogs in our lives that have been just

moving us to tears.  Each one had a personality, a

quirk, a special ,funny aspect that cannot be duplicated.

Respected Contributor

my dogs. The love of my life | Dogs, Dog lovers, Dog quotes

Trusted Contributor

We got our 1st dog when I was 9 years old.  I remember every single dog I've ever had in my life.  They have all brought me so much joy and love. 

Honored Contributor

The beautiful 1 year old American Bulldog we lost at 1 year old will forever be the "love that was lost".

A beautiful smokey-caramel and white pup that held his head down for everyone to pat brought tears to the doctor's eyes when he was found to have a tumor at the base of his spine with too many roots to save him.

Smokey Blue (Blue for the Blue Ridge mountains) will be the lump in my throat that will never go away.

All of our fur babies have been our nuggets of love.Smokey Blu.jpg

Honored Contributor

Honestly , my heart is  with all my dogs, i so miss them, life without a dog to share my life with, is just impossible for me. I think of all i have lost daily,  i will never get past losing SPIRIT.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Susan in California    Your post is sweet and beautiful!  You had such love for your dogs, and I am sure that they were very happy and loved you too!  I have had mostly cats, but some dogs too growing up.  Our pets are such a special part of our lives. I have 2 cats now, but I remember every name of every pet when I was growing up. However, I can't remember what I had for dinner the other night.  LOL Oh well, hugs to you my friend. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG     Smokey Blue was so beautiful!  I am sorry for that loss.  I truly believe all animals go to heaven, and your Smokey Blue is in heaven and running and playing with all his animal friends.  You will be with him again.  We will all see our animals again. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California    I've always declined to receive the cremated remains of my dogs because I could not stand to see all of those containers lined up on the mantel.  It would be a constant reminder of the sadness.  I'd rather have happy memories in my mind. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@silkyk,

Ok now this made me cry.So true

@silkyk wrote:

my dogs. The love of my life | Dogs, Dog lovers, Dog quotes

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@sophiesofers wrote:

@ECBG     Smokey Blue was so beautiful!  I am sorry for that loss.  I truly believe all animals go to heaven, and your Smokey Blue is in heaven and running and playing with all his animal friends.  You will be with him again.  We will all see our animals again. 

@sophiesofers 

Thank you.

When our sons wer in school, we "painted" a picture in our minds as we drove along and saw something on the road side.  

The picture was very similar to this:

See the source image