Respected Contributor

The Beagles are Coming to our Town!!

We have a very active  Northwoods Humane Society and I read that 31 Beagles are going to be brought here in our small town of  3000 out of the four thousand that were rescued from the lab in Virginia. They will all go to foster homes to get aquainted with life out of a cage and to fully assess tbeir temperments and health.

Bless all of the people who were and are involved in that rescue.  I just has to share the exciting news! Alot of Snoopys to find homes for.

I go to the dog park daily by the Shelter and may see them. I am on my 3rd rescue dog.  It is a clean park and we regulars keep it picked up and fresh water. Some folks had a picnic lunch there yesterday.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Beagles are Coming to our Town!!

Our local shelter is getting some too.  Don't know how many.  I would adopt one but we already have 3 rescue pups.  There are still so many to be rescued.

Esteemed Contributor

We had an arrival yesterday. Not sure where they will be. They did an advance posting to sign up for adoptions before they started to move them to shelters and foster homes. All of our shelters are full so they are running at emergency levels.  

Honored Contributor

We have Tri-Beagle Rescue...the triangle area. We rec'd many beagles here, too. 

Molly would love a buddy, but will wait until they are a little more used to being "free". It took awhile to get Molly settled into being the great pup she is now and would hate for her to go backwards.

For anyone wanting to foster or adopt a beagle, I can attest to this breed. Molly is my 10th beagle...all lovable and great w/ kids. They were gentle with my granddaughters and would stand quietly while the toddlers pulled their tails, lifted their ears, etc....not a snarl or a hint that I would hesitate they're being with them.

Some are difficult to train, but for the most part, being consistent is the key. I'm sure these resue beagles will need a bit of extra love and understanding after what they've been through. I cried when I saw their crates being unloaded knowing that they had spent their life like that. Just so wrong.

Respected Contributor

I watched a video about the dogs.  The puppies are just adorable.  My neighbors had one years ago, it didn't bark, it bayed loudly!  Not sure I would like that.  

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I watched a video about the dogs.  The puppies are just adorable.  My neighbors had one years ago, it didn't bark, it bayed loudly!  Not sure I would like that.  

@Another new name Sue   Beagles do bark/howl. They are hounds,but they can also be trained to hold back.

The rescued dogs, from what I read, had their vocal cords altered (!?!?!?) to keep that awful breeding facility more quiet for the workers.