Honored Contributor

The Area Beside Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

[ Edited ]

Frankie's eye seems so much better as far as the squinting and pain go.  She also doesn't have the white film over her eye anymore.  Now the area beside her cornea is bulging.  I sent my Vet a picture of it this afternoon.  The ophthalmologist that I saw is out of town and won't be back until our appt. with him on the 22nd.  He said that if anything got worse we would need to go to the Vet School.  My Vet said she needs to go to the Vet School and she will call first thing in the morning and ask for the first available appt.  They're closed now, so she can't call.  I sent my email about 3:30, and when I hadn't heard back at 5:30 I called.  They hadn't received my email, and the Vet School was closed by that time.  I can take her to the Vet School as an emergency at any time if it gets worse.  They're open 24 hours a day.  I've been there before, but it's probably been about 20 years.

Edited title and post to say it's the area beside Frankie's cornea that's bulging, not her cornea.

Here's a picture of her eye.

IMG_1401.JPG

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

Hugs fot Frankie and you. It's a shame the opththam. who saw her before is away, but she'll get good care at the vet school.  Good wishes are headed Frankie's way.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Oh, my goodness!

It sounds scary, but I don’t know enough about eyes to really know.

So, I’m just saying, I would call the vet school ER and see what they suggest.

I’m sort of a calmly hysterical, protective Mom, so take what I say in that light.

I know you will absolutely do what is best for your baby Frankie.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I’m sending good wishes and prayers Frankie’s way for a quick diagnosis and painless speedy recovery.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Area Beside Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

Yes, call again first thing in morning.   Hope all goes well!!

Respected Contributor

Re: The Area Beside Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

To Frankie:

Image result for animated get well wish for dog

Respected Contributor

I think you're very worried so my nudge is to take her to the 24 hr care...it might make both of you feel better. Sending Best Wishes & hugs your way @NickNack.

Honored Contributor

My guess is that if I took her to the Vet School 24 hr care tonight I wouldn't get to see an ophthalmologist.  I think I'll wait until my Vet calls them in the morning and see what she says.  I'll bet they only have students working overnight and maybe one regular Vet.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

My guess is that if I took her to the Vet School 24 hr care tonight I wouldn't get to see an ophthalmologist.  I think I'll wait until my Vet calls them in the morning and see what she says.  I'll bet they only have students working overnight and maybe one regular Vet.

I live in a small town & the vets office I take my cat to is located in an emergency animal hospital...they can do everything any time of day & it's always busy. Hope all goes well with Frankie tomorrow. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack, sending good thoughts and prayers to you and Frankie.  I hope you get a definite answer and successful treatment tomorrow.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!