Honored Contributor

Re: Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

@NickNack

I also live close to a Vet school, and have used the ER there a few times.

If you called them, my thinking was that they could call and consult with an Ophthalomolgist if they felt it was needed.  There has to be at least one qualified Vet there, at least in my state.

All the best to you and Frankie. ♥️

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Re: The Area Beside Frankie's Cornea Is Bulging

@NickNack

Oh, darn!  I was so hoping Sweet Little Frankie was on the road to recovery.  I'm so sorry she still has eye problems.  I'm sending you both prayers & best wishes that the Vet School will be able to take care of her eye once & for all.  My heart just feels for her & I know you're such a great Mom to her & Henry.

Hugs to you both.

Respected Contributor

Aww, poor Frankie!  I hope she's comfortable and you can get some answers today.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't sleep and got up at 6:30 this morning.  I so hope we're able to get in at the Vet School today.  If not, I think I may take her there as an emergency.  I don't want to delay this too long and have her lose her eye.  Not trying to think too far ahead--just being cautious.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

We have an appt. with the ophthalmologist at the Vet School at 1:00 today.  She's squeezing us in and told my Vet to tell me we would probably be there a while.  I'm so glad we've got an appt. today and don't have to go through emergency.

-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Sending prayers and hugs to dear Frankie and her mom.  Hope all goes well at her appointment today.  Heal quickly, Frankie, so we can all stop worrying.  Take care @NickNack.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Dear Frankie, 

I am sending Best wishes I to you and your Mom!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Hope to hear some good news .... please let us know how Frankie made out at her last appointment.   

(I believe you had once posted an actual painting of Frankie last year if memory serves me.... wasn't that her?   Frankie is adorable.

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

Hope to hear some good news .... please let us know how Frankie made out at her last appointment.   

(I believe you had once posted an actual painting of Frankie last year if memory serves me.... wasn't that her?   Frankie is adorable.

Thanks for asking about Frankie  @seaBreeze.  Yes, I posted a painting of Frankie.  She is as sweet as she is cute.  Thank you. Smiley Happy

I posted about her appt. and her diagnosis here.  She has an immune mediated disease called Episclerokeratitis, sometimes just called episcleritis.  There are two types, and she has the nodular type that just affects one eye. https://community.qvc.com/t5/Pet-Lovers/Diagnosis-of-Frankie-s-Eye/m-p/5184331#M87751

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Poor Frankie. I’m glad the film from her eye is gone. Sending prayers her way.