Honored Contributor

The 9/11 rescue dog memorial

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

Re: The 9/11 rescue dog memorial

CA702749-47AB-4F3F-AC9F-492AC0686504.jpegBretagne, a Golden Retriever, the last Rescue Dog alive from the 9/11 attacks being saluted on her final walk after battling kidney failure.

Respected Contributor

SeaMaiden:  Thank you for posting this.  I am sitting here crying my eyes out.  I lived a few blocks away from the Towers and worked across the street from 1 World Trade Center.  We all remember the brave people who worked tirelessly during this horrific time but we should never forget how incredible these dogs were.  Don't forget, they had no say in the matter and what they did was amazing.  My heart goes out to everyone but my heart really breaks for these loving and wonderful dogs.  G-d bless them all.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

SeaMaiden:  Thank you for posting this.  I am sitting here crying my eyes out.  I lived a few blocks away from the Towers and worked across the street from 1 World Trade Center.  We all remember the brave people who worked tirelessly during this horrific time but we should never forget how incredible these dogs were.  Don't forget, they had no say in the matter and what they did was amazing.  My heart goes out to everyone but my heart really breaks for these loving and wonderful dogs.  G-d bless them all.

@lovesallanimals   Yes GOD BLESS ALL WHO HELPED. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

Thanks for posting. 

Beautiful, heart wrenching.

God bless these loving creatures, and their human companions.

@lovesallanimals 

I cannot imagine what your memories must be like on this day.   It was horrific seeing it on TV, but to be there must have been a living Hell.

So many lives destroyed and changed forever.

Respected Contributor

Honors and rememberence to the faithful rescue dogs.  But let us Also remember with sad hearts Officer Sirius.  the only Police dog to die in the WTC on 9/11.  His partner Kenneled him up before going to find out what was happening and never got the chance to return for him.  Each and every dog there deserves a heros honors.

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful Angels, each and every one of them.Heart

images.jpeg.jpgdownload.jpeg.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

It's so sad that they have all since passed on.

The dogs would get depressed when they wouldn't find anyone alive, so they would have someone hide in the rubble for the dog to "find".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

It's so sad that they have all since passed on.

The dogs would get depressed when they wouldn't find anyone alive, so they would have someone hide in the rubble for the dog to "find".

@Anonymous032819 ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Thank you for posting this.  These dogs played a most important part and they deserve recognition.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!