Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@CamillePThat's OK. Heart I've written here about Frankie's arthritis, and maybe you didn't pick up on it. In the pantheon of everything that's wrong with her, it's easy to miss one item.

But there's so much right with her--and I'm not talking about her physically--that we love her no matter what and will care for her no matter what.

Respected Contributor

Just the way I feel about Charlie, @Sammycat1 , I totally understand.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Greetings, Schmoosters!

We're hanging on as best we can. I wanted to share this photo of Frankie and DH at the vet last Saturday. You can probably see his rigid cervical collar peeking out of the back of his head.

They are both wounded in their own way. Yet they're also noble and loving and loved, too:

Frankie vet noble Dec 2022 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 ,

Thank you for your continued updates on your little family.

I love the pictures, and this latest one sure does show determination from these two. 

I hope each day brings some happy moments.  

Frankie vet noble Dec 2022 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Can't go wrong with a photo of DH & Sweet Frankie, they adore each other.  She feels his comfort.  Heart

Sammy, your words are beautifully said.  

Respected Contributor

The pic of your DH and Frankie is priceless.  To me, the 'position' of Frankie's ears is saying 'Now what do I have to endure this time?"   Better days are ahead!  

@Sammycat1 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Sammy, your roller coaster just keeps on going.  Praying so hard that Frankie's pain can level off to give her some comfort. The flu bug hit our house, but we are finally getting back to living.  Hugs my friend, take the best care possible.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters!

Thanks for your continued prayers and encouragement, especially for our girl Frankie.  Also, it looks like DH may be able to return to work (from home) in a few weeks, but only on a part time basis. Still, this alone is a miracle!

Here's another miracle. As you know, Frankie loves to watch TV.  There's a medium-sized cat tower that we put a step stool in front of to aid her in getting right up to the 4K HD. She hasn't been able to climb up there in years.

But now, despite being under the bed a little still in pain, we think that cutting edge injection is being to work. She'll have to have this medicine once a month for the rest of her life, but it's worth it.

Behold:  a kitty close to death a week ago hopped up onto her cat tower to stare down that bird on TV. Note the lit up angel above and to the left of her head. It sits on the Schmoo memorial shelf. Someone's watching over her.

The best part is the contented expression on her face, lit by the glow of her TV. DH and I cried tears of happiness. We're not out of the woods, but we can see a glimmer of blue sky:

Frankie psychological damage carpet fort December 2022 SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

what a beautiful picture. It makes me have happy tears. Prayers will continue. (((( Sammycat, DH, Frankie))). Hugs and more hugs .

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 , DH & Sweet Frankie,

This is the best & wonderful news posted by you in a long time.  I'm so happy for you.  

For your DH:  his hard work is paying off.  Congratulations & it must be very rewarding for you.  Heart

Sweet Frankie:  you never cease to amaze me!  Thanks to your Loving Parents & your (personal) dedicated Excellent Vet, you bounced back once again.  I'm excited for this new medicine for you & pray it continues to keep you healthier.  (The Angels are always watching out for their Sweet Little Angel Girl .. they know how precious you are.)  Heart

Sammy:  you've held the fort down for quite a while now.  I truly believe that both your DH & Frankie are doing much better thanks to you.  Heart

Sweet Frankie:  I wish you a happy, contented sunshine of a day for you today.  I hope your critter friends visit with you this weekend.  Tonight, I wish you the happiest dreams, peace & calmness.  You're so loved.  Heart