Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat Tell Kitty Sitter hello and tell her she had a fan club right here along with Her Eskimo and Pooh! So glad you get to visit !
Honored Contributor

I hope all the Schmoosters here have had a good weekend.  I did, and am sad to see it end. 

@Sammycat1 , I hope your visit with Kitty Sitter has been enjoyable,  and that all of you are okay. 

Our weather has been so pretty. I am ready for some holiday weather though, to get me in the spirit. 

Everyone, enjoy the evening.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends, Hope everyone is well. I have been covered in work as of late, but doing ok.  Sammy I know you are enjoying every minute of your visit with Kittysitter, what a special time for all.  Tissy, I am ready for some holiday weather as well. We might be seeing highs in the 80's tomorrow and Friday, that is just not right.

Have a great rest of your week dear friends.

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Hi Dear Friends, Hope everyone is well. I have been covered in work as of late, but doing ok.  Sammy I know you are enjoying every minute of your visit with Kittysitter, what a special time for all.  Tissy, I am ready for some holiday weather as well. We might be seeing highs in the 80's tomorrow and Friday, that is just not right.

Have a great rest of your week dear friends.

@Shop Till you Drop ,

I want to wish you a happy holiday season. Our weather continues to be above average. Just doesn't seem like December.  

I had a 6 month mammogram on Monday, and got an all clear. I don't go back now for a year. Sure feels good. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 ,

I hope everything is okay with you, and your family.  Let us hear from you when you can. 

Trusted Contributor

Tissy,  that is the most wonderful news!!! I am so very happy for you.  That is a Christmas Blessing for sure..Hugs Dear Friend..

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:   Greetings, Schmoosters!  Please forgive my absence--we were very busy during the Kitty Sitter's visit.

First, @Tissyanne, congratulations on a good report. Cancer be gone for good, please!

@Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop @newtoallthis @sceniccoast @beastielove @NickNack @grandkidsrgreat @seaBreeze @geezerette @lynne6was7  and so many others ... we had an interesting visit.

Frankie was tentative at first--after all, she had last seen the Kitty Sitter 2 1/2 years ago and she's on a lot of pain meds, so it took time and patience for our nervous kitty to reaquaint themselves. We knew it a great reunion when Frankie brushed alongside my friend's legs, played with her Christmas present (bunny on a string), and slept on our near Kitty Sitter's seat for the duration. She also is now enjoying another Kitty Sitter gift:  an all-stainless steel water fountain, which will help keep her stomatitis in check.

In the middle of it all, Frankie had a visit with her vet, who is still hurting from his son's passing but was happy to see his fave kitty. She needed new ointment for her healing granuloma and bloodwork was pretty good except for her liver values were trending upward. We made some med adjustments and he'll see her again on Dec. 28.

In the meantime, Frankie was so jangled when we got home that she went under the Christmas tree for some privacy to calm her nerves. See if you can find her. Hint--a kitty ornament is near her:

Frankie tree 2021 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

Frankie is so brave to reacquaint herself so quickly!  But she is ever the trooper.  Nice to hear that everyone enjoyed the visit.

Despite his mourning, I'm sure your most wonderful vet was perked up by his visit with his favorite patient (how could he feel otherwise?).  

She looks right at home under the tree.🎄🥰

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm glad you & DH had a very nice visit with Kitty Sitter.  A nice time to catch up during the holiday season.  Sweet Frankie knows a true friend when she sees one.  Cat Very Happy  

I've been thinking of Frankie's Vet & wishing both he & his wife healing.  It's harder during this time of year & for that reason only I wish the Holidays were over .. for the ones that are facing sad & difficult times.  

Sweet Frankie:  you were missed but for a good reason.  You've already gotten Christmas gifts early, spoiled kitty.  I hope you gave Kitty Sitter "thank you licks."  Yes, you can't hide from us under the tree.  You're as beautiful as always.  

You're a constant mystery with your health though.  You & your Most Excellent Vet are so fortunate to have each other.  Wishing you calm & peaceful dreams tonight.  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , @Shop Till you Drop 

Thank you for your kind thoughts on my mammogram.  I am really so very happy,  and feel blessed. 

Frankie, we have missed you being here, but are glad you had a nice visit with Kitty Sitter. I hope to see some Christmas pictures of you, as the days get closer to the big day.

Sammycat, I hope you are doing well, and no more neck pain.