Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Happy Thursday Dear Friends.

Sammy so glad you made it through the storm with little damage.  Sure wouldnt want anything to destroy that pretty corner office Frankie has earned Smiley Happy

We had a tiny reprieve from the heat for a couple of days down to the low 90's, but that must end and now the 100 degree mark is back in the future for Dallas, I sure am ready for the season to change this year.  Have a good upcoming weekend everyone and find your blessings best you can..I'm still trying, step by step...hugs..

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  & DH

I'm glad you made it through the nasty storm mostly unscathed. 

We had pretty much the same here in W. MA.  Loads of tree limbs & wires down.  We were on tornado watch but we were fortunate it didn't happen.  There was one on Sun. evening in a few of the hill towns though.

Sweet Frankie:  Lucky you to enjoy a nice play day with your Dad.  I hope you had loads of fun.

Wishing you calm & pleasant dreams tonight Sweet Little Angel Girl  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I love the picture of Frankie with her paw raised. That squirrel !  It is good to see her playing. 

Our weather is hot, and our rain has been little.

I am glad you all were able to weather the storm. I hope you did not get to much damage.

I am ready for the weekend. Laundry done, and I think we will just rest. 

I have enjoyed all the pictures. 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne 

I agree with you .. it's great to see Sweet Frankie enjoying herself.  We'll take as much happiness for her as we can get, right?

Well, I'm doing laundry now (last load) & tomorrow A.M. is usually my housework time.   After that, R & R time I hope.

Wishing you an enjoyable & pleasant R & R weekend.  Sometimes it's just what the doctor ordered.  Don't forget nap time.  Woman Wink

I hope you're feeling well these day.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

@beastielove   Stay safe!  I hope Iaisis doesn't hit hard in your area.

@NickNack 

I was just able to read your post now.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Unfortunately Iaisis arrived much earlier

than expected...at 11:45 AM instead of

2:00 PM.The county was pounded with rain

and insanely high winds.

The damage was on par with what

happened here after Superstorm Sandy

"breezed" thru in 2012.It was massive.

I lost power...no lights,cable,phone

or water... at 1:00 PM Tuesday and

the power was first restored late last night.

There are so many people who still

don't have power. I had to throw out

all of the food in my fridge/freezer

and just replaced everything when I went

shopping this morning.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry it hit you that hard @beastielove .  I'm glad your power is restored.  I do know someone who still doesn't have power.  It must have been awful for you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sceniccoast wrote:

@beastielove 

I hope you came through the storm yesterday safely & without too much damage.

If you have a chance, please update us.  Take care.

@sceniccoast 

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts.

As you will read in my post to @NickNack

the area I live in got slammed.

Was not able to go on the boards until now.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Saturday report:   Frankie is relieved that @beastielove  didn't blow all the way upstate NY into Canada during that terrible storm and that she's OK.

Frankie hurt her other front leg somehow...either that, or her return to playing was too much for her weight (she needs to reduce, but we can't figure out how without hurting her liver, and she just had a bout of pancreatitis. Not an easy mission).

But we have her heated memory foam pad fired up and she has pain medication until it calms down a bit. Her vet is on speed dial if she needs him.

She's decreed that tomorrow is "Let's be slugs and just hug one another on Mommy's birthday."  She adds that DH will be getting takeout from our favorite local Italian restaurant plus a small cake.  Frankie will dine on "Purrfect Bistro Turkey Pate." Then maybe we'll watch a little William Shatner in Star Trek together.

I can't think of a better way to spend one's birthday:

Frankie Kirk.JPG

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @beastielove 

I'm glad you're safe .. how is your home & neighborhood doing?  I'm hoping you can through your streets, etc.

I know myself & some co-workers had to re-route themselves a few times getting to work & elsewhere.  Some areas in MA are still without power but most of the state has it back.

Stay safe please.

EDIT:  ok I just read your reply to @NickNack.  As far as the food disposal goes, if you own your home, please check with your home owner's insurance & check into about being reimbursed.  When our city had a tornado back in 2013 (I think) my sister was without power & had to throw all all of her stored food.  She was reimbursed for the most part.

Good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1    Ah, poor Sweet Frankie .. I really hope her leg soreness is very temporary.  I almost missed her in front of the TV.  I guess she wants closeup views.  

Knowing both you & DH, you'll be closely monitoring your daughter .. she's in very good hands.

... & A very Happy Birthday to you tomorrow & many more  Heart    Woman Happy  I hope your celebration tomorrow is very relaxing.  I like the "slug" idea.  (I was telling our DH about being slugs tomorrow also.)  You'll have a nice meal together & a day full of family time.  

Sweet Frankie:  I hope you have calming & pleasant dreams tonight.  And I hope your leg heals.  Take care Little Angel Girl.