Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1  I am so happy to hear that Frankie loved "Hamilton", we also watched it this weekend and I loved it as well.  Good for you, Frankie, you are most decidedly NOT throwing away your shot!

I hope the hydrolyzed protein diet helps Frankie's gut condition heal and balance, that innovation in pet diets has been a real blessing for all kinds of IBD-type problems for many pets.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   @CamilleP you're right about the hydrolyzed protein, Frankie's intolerances giver her heck in her skin, and her liver and pancreas.  She likes the new hydrolyzed diet we're blending with her old kibbles (also hydrolyzed) because the old one has a higher carb and the new one has a little higher fat content that her vet would like, so we're blending to meet in the middle. Win win!

Today she can't be bothered with heavy medical matters--she's assisting me with financial tasks, namely, income taxes. She has the mind of the finest accountant, of course, as her kitty grandfather is a retired one--it's in the blood lines, LOL.

The whole mess just exhausts her:

Frankie supervisory.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie:  you're too cute!!  I just can't believe you were so active.  YOU GO GIRL!  Heart

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for another update.  I was starting to get concerned we hadn't heard from you for a few days.  Sorry, I know you have your own life, we just care for you all. 

I hope Sweet Frankie's poops are normal now?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters and Friends of Frankie.

@sceniccoastWe're still dealing with the variability of the Frankie stools.  Part of this is that she's now allowed to eat her beloved kibbles--and that we're blending a new kibble into this mix that's low carb. (Stomatitis kitties, even after full mouth extractions, can experience flareups if they eat too many carbs!)

Right now, though, her primary focus is on tax time--she wants to make sure I get  it right.  Last night, she felt hopeful yet tired (photo #1, below).  Then she got exasperated and gave up, blinding her eyes to the horror before her (photo #2, below):

Frankie tax time SZD.jpg

Frankie tax time 2 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Good luck with the balancing the Kibbles into Sweet Frankie's diet.  I know she's in good hands.  Cat Tongue

Sweet Frankie:  your pics are comical!  With your expressions, it's good you were only looking at your Mom doing the taxes.    

I hope you have happy & peaceful dreams tonight Littel Angel Girl.  HeartSmiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Hi Sammie,  I am so happy Frankie had a pretty good appointment!  I agree with your vet, Frankie has not only the best pet parents, but the eye of the tiger from our Precious Schmoo.  I am working in a new mode these days, fake it till you CAN make it again. Everyone has been really worried about me the last few months, with my new normal not going so well.  So while trying to make it each day, I try to find a little of the old me again.  I know someday it will happen, but goodness I long for my crew.  My Joey will be gone a month tomorrow, Lord how I miss that Angel, but my continued prayer is he is with Jakey and Mom in Heaven.  

Have a Blessed Day Friends, hugs to you all Smiley Happy

@Shop Till you Drop , 

My heart hurts for you, my friend. I am praying for your future, and asking for glimmers of hope. 

I hope your new home brings you peace. 

We are having the hottest weather ever here. Over 100 today, and rising more as the week goes on. 108, and hotter. Yikes. 

I am glad you are keeping in touch here. I wish that I could help you. I really do. 

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am playing catch up over here. 

Frankie is so adorable, and her poses melt my heart. She. Knows. Cat Happy

I agree with her vet. I see Mr. Schmoo in her too. !!! 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  it looks to me as if Frankie and I have the same opinion of tax forms:

IIIICCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!    Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

Hello to all in Schmooville! I hope everyone is keeping cool and safe!

@Sammycat1  Catching up on Frankie news. It seems the mighty hunter has added another skill to her resume - a-cat-tant. She has the right idea about income taxes. And, her 3 pawed salute is one I so wish I could give to some of the customers that come to my register  haha . 

Glad to see Frankie is improving - her power naps and your TLC are definitely helping.

Frankie strong!

Love, TrafficDiva

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters and FOF!  Also, a belated Happy Birthday to our own dearest, most wonderful friend @Tissyanne  -- Frankie and I were so deep into the taxes that we lost track of everything, including our calendars.  @Tissyanne, please forgive us! You mean the world to the Schmoo Family.  Heart

@CamillePunderstands our deep annoyance at the tax forms! Frankie was so knocked out by all the activity--as @TrafficDiva says, she's now an "a-cat-ant"--that I had to wake her up to give the 2 a.m. pain medicine she requires. Frankie has pain medicine every 3 hours and usually she's catting around a little overnight, but last night?  Out like a light.

I thought I'd share with you a post-pain med photo.  It's dark because it's late, and I only have a small nightstand lamp on.

She gets this liquid medicine in her cheek pocket and it takes effect quickly...and she does a deep snooze for the first hour or so afterward. Last night, she decided to lick her Yeowww Catnip banana then pass out on a catnip and buprenex high--right where my feet normally go. Notice also her form on the back legs:  perfectly parallel.

She doesn't see the problem. And neither did I. For a good hour, I got to record and appreciate my kitty who has survived so much as she rested blissfully, comfortably:

Frankie pain med snooze SZD.jpg