Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Thanks for the update @Sammycat1.

Sweet Frankie will be back in your arms soon.  Praying her recovery with all of your love & care goes well.  I'm so pleased she made it through the surgery.  

She's definitely one tough kitty fighter.  Sweet Frankie, I hope you have a peaceful & restful snooze home.  Have happy kitty dreams.  

My kitties asked that I send you their kitty (((hugs))) to you.  

Blessings to you Little Angel.  We all love you, & your Mom & Dad.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Thank God!  The Schmoo family will keep prayers going. I am so thankful she made it through. Sammycat, DH, Frankie darling, we have you all surrounded with much love and many prayers! (((❤️🙏🏻)))

Respected Contributor

Soft little kisses for Frankie from my boy cat. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday evening report:  We've been back home since about 4:30. She cried and howled the whole way home, understandably. It's hard not to be able to console her. Once she got into the house, she calmed.

But.

She must be confined to a small room overnight and not allowed to jump up on or down from anything for 24 hours. Tell that to a cat!   She has one of her "stylish" cones of shame on, and although she can see, her bad front leg can't negotiate stairs or the pet stairs we have for her to get up and down off the beds.  We don't see how she'll be able to negotiate our home and have some privacy--it's two stories and the cone must be on for 2 weeks.

She's exhausted but has eaten and kept it down. She's had some drinks at water, something too painful for her to do for the past week.

The vet couldn't get all the inflammation--they try to cut it all out, but then they must have healthy tissue to stretch over the area, and she just didn't have enough left. So the surgeon did her best. Now it's up to TLC and Frankie's ability to heal. And we've got a wild blood sugar picture, but we'll try to simmer things down.

So DH and I will sleep in shifts so each she's got supervision tonight and we'll figure out the rest tomorrow.

DH and I--and, the star of our family, Frankie--all thank you for your brain and heart power today.  You went above and beyond. But no current picture of our girl today...she needs some privacy to adjust and heal. So enjoy another one:

Frankie light in eyes.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1   I'm just so relieved and happy that Frankie made it through the surgery and is home.  I feel like our prayers have been answered.   I hope the recovery goes well.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

So glad to hear you're all home and things are going relatively well. Frankie has the best possible caregivers. I hope you each get some much-needed rest tonight. Will continue to send prayers for healing.
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

I am so very glad you all are home. I know there is a long road ahead, and my prayers will be constant. 

Sending love, and comfort. 

Thank you for letting us know how the surgery, and you all coming home went. 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm glad Sweet Frankie has calmed down.  I'm sure you & DH will get a plan together that works.

Frankie may be your Star, but you're both Frankie's Stars ... if it hadn't been for the both of you, Frankie wouldn't have been loved and cared for so much.  

I pray all goes well with Frankie's recovery.  I think the positive signs are she's drinking & eating.  Those are good first steps.

Tomorrow's a new day & maybe Frankie will be comforted with being in her familiar surroundings & you all have a better day. There's no one she'd rather be with than her Mom & Dad .. the two people she trusts the most.  Heart

Regular Contributor

I'm so relieved that everyone is home and that Frankie has the surgery behind her. Now the focus is healing one day at a time, one small victory at a time. And of course what better inspiration than a certain orangey fella who beat the odds and brought us along on his journey. 

Sweet dreams Frankie - in the Star Trek universe you faced adversity with honor and came through on the other side.

And Sammycat and DH - our Uhura and Sulu - thanks for keeping Team Frankie in the loop and I hope you get some well-earned rest.

Love, Traffic Diva

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Frankie will do better at home. My Mr Tibbs got his hind leg injured terribly once. We never could figure out what had happened. No punctures, no blood, He was inside, outside. I found him at the bottom of the steps. That was as far as he could make it home.

I have never, before or since, heard such agonizing screams. I got him on a bed pillow and could carry him that way. It was a Sunday morning. My vet met me at the animal hospital. He said he could amputate it or try to save it with no guarantee that he could. I said save it! (My son had to drive me. I held him on the pillow in the back seat.)

I had to keep him confined, no jumping up on the bed etc. I bought a large dog kennel with room for him, his bed, litter box, food and water. I took a week off work to stay with him. I made a mountain of pillows on the one side of the bed and he stayed beside me.  I carried him to the litter box and he ate in bed. I did have to confine him to the kennel when I had to go to work. He didn't mind it nearly as much as I did. He healed and was just fine. The vet said there were barely enough ligaments, tendons, nerves etc to attach.  He never even walked with a limp.

I put my faith and trust in God. I'm praying forFrankie's  recovery just as if she were my Tibbs. May God surround you three tonight with love, peace and rest. She's in the hands of the One who created her. He will carry her through this. Love, New💗