Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Beautiful tree and beautiful ornaments.  Our tree is up but no ornaments on it yet.  I'm sure Chloe will re-decorate once I put the ornaments on.  She is 16 months old so there is still a lot of kitten left in her so I'm sure she will go to town on the tree once there are ornaments hanging from the branches calling her name.  She is one wild and crazy kitty but is so loved.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings this raw day--rain and 35 degrees for two days now. 

Frankie, however, reminds me that it's not raining in the house--and she has no plans to go outside!

I wanted to share a photo that will do your heart good.  As you know, Frankie's been battling with arthritis and a luxating elbow--painful and limiting to her motion. 

But in true Frankie style, reminiscent of the Survivor known as Schmoo, she is regaining some abilities, as in the photo below.  She used to lay down in this pose frequently, but hasn't done so this entire year.

Well, she's back--and she's bad:

Frankie sleeping form SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Good for you Sweet Frankie, those long legs look strong and healthy.  Have a Blessed week Dear Friends.

Trusted Contributor

best Christmas present ever! Just seeing Frankie's legs stretched out! I'm sitting here with a great big smile on my face! Thank you Frankie! Tessa is really liking the sock style! She thinks it'd be a good look for her! You go Frankie! ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  A nice, sunny day in Schmooville--and Frankie sends smooches to @Shop Till you Drop and @newtoallthis for your kind words.

She is doing better on her orthopedic maladies.  Now if we can get her blood sugar under control--she's drinking and peeing more again, and hungrier.  We have an appointment on the 14th but I'm going to see if her most excellent vet is available earlier.

Tonight she sends a photo mystery for you to solve.  Who is under her tree?  The revelation of the interloper in tomorrow's post:

Frankie tree feet SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  We had a wee bit of snow this morning--the first of it and not the last of it, that's for sure.

Yesterday's post featured a mystery; just who was under Frankie's tree?  Today, the mystery revealed--for there are few things more enticing to a kitty than the magical, mystical haven created under a Christmas tree.

The lights sparkle and glow. The soft ornaments provide concealment but also something to whack.  Pure enchantment, as Frankie and Schmoo (once upon a time) reveal:

Frankie under tree 2019 SZD.jpg

Schmoo Christmas 2011.jpg

Valued Contributor

Miss Frankie looks like a little angel under that tree but Mr. Schmoo, oh my, he looks like he is up to no good.  Look at those ornery eyes.  Love them both.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dear Sweet Frankie,

You amazing, loving Little Girl!  I look forward to all your new pics & whatever new news you have in store for us.  

I'm so happy to see you doing much better.  You seem to be adding more surprises (good ones of course) for us.  It does all of our hearts good.  Heart

I saw you peeking under the Christmas Tree you Mom captured .. almost missed you but looking hard enough, I saw you beautiful eyes.

Then, the wonderfulf pic of both you & Sweet Schmoo .. well, that was a BIG surprise!  Keep showing up in all your new poses, outfits, whatever .. we just look forward to seeing you, just knowing you're feeling much better & happy.  

ood luck on your next Vet appt.  You show them how well you're doing & maybe they'll reward you with a new toy or treat to bring home.

Love you Sweet Frankie, keep staying happy.  Can't wait for your next pics.

@Sammycat1  & DH, thank you both for posting all these wonderful pics of your Sweet Girl.  She's much to be proud of & to show off!!

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:   I'm glad you enjoyed some current Frankie Christmas-themed photos.  Today's topic:  the deep-dish nap.

Schmoo perfected this type of sleep. It looks free-form, but don't let that fool you--these poses require athleticism of the highest degree. Olympic gymnasts could not pull it off.

So here is a comparison/contrast photo array. The first photo features Schmoo and the tortie who came before Fay Wray named Sophie (for newer posters), snoozing on an orthopedic memory foam palace with 100% cotton flannel baby blankies--a duet deep dish.  Next come Fay Wray with her tongue sticking out, then Frankie in her newest pose, snoring.

The judges give all four of them a perfect 10:

Schmoo Soph boodie splendor.jpg

Fay Wray deep dish nap.jpg

Frankie deep dish SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

This judge gives that perfect 10, plus angel stars to each one. Adorable. 

This speaks to the security that these little ones have known because of the love shown to them.  Each one needed someone to accept them, and they then brought joy to all of us here. 

A Christmas Miracle? A year round miracle. Cat Very Happy