Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

So very happy for Kitty Sitter, and Pooh Bear and Eskimo are very, very blessed kitties.  I am sorry that their situation has been so challenged to this point.  Their lives will be forever changed for the better.  Will she keep their names?

Continued prayers that Frankie's health continues to improve.  She is such a lovely girl.  I enjoy seeing her photos.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings from Schmooville this beautiful autumn day!

@lynne6was7, the Kitty Sitter will keep Eskimo's and Pooh Bear's names.  At this point, they can't take too much more change--and Pooh Bear navigates a lot by sound.

I'm so pleased to report that Frankie is slowly pulling herself out of the hole of her pancreatitis/triaditis blow out.  A sign:  she's beginning to snooze in the open.  It may sound crazy, but she was sleeping under tables or chairs or beds in the earlier part of her recovery.  She's "re-learning" that her original, usual snooze spots aren't associated with pain (which they do, in case you didn't know this.  It can take months for them to go back to their old haunts).

So I snapped her quickly with my Nook as she returned today to one of her fave locations:  the top of a hamper and stack of tote containers in our bedroom. It's blurry, but the instant she knows I'm taking a pic with a device bigger than a phone or small camera, she moves.

My heart sang when I took this one:

Frankie hamper snooze Nov 2019 sized.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Frankie's with me here, quite cozy with a mini-Duraflame heater in the home office, closely supervising my work today in a stance Schmoo perfected:  the deep-dish nap.

She got a little aggravated listening to "Calming Songbirds" on the Echo, so I've been banished to my iPod.  She only wants to hear keyboard keys tapping, evidence that I am, indeed, working.

Kitty Sitter reports that Eskimo has finally landed the eagle landed in the correct spot--the litter box! 

Oh these kitties, they test us with these maladies but how rich they make our lives nonetheless.  And when in doubt as to the correct soothing needed, I follow Frankie's lead--we watched a little young William Shatner as Captain Kirk last night.  Ooooo la la:

Frankie and Kirk resized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

The pictures of Frankie make me so happy. I am so glad she's feeling better!  There's no feeling like knowing your beloved baby is feeling good. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

I'm so very happy to read all the good news on Sweet Frankie.  As you know, your kitty has pulled my heart strings for quite awhile now.  Thanks to you & DH for your attentiveness to Frankie's needs, you're now reaping the rewards for your love & care.

Sweet Frankie knows how much she was cared for.  In her heart, I'm sure she thanks you both from the bottom of her little heart.  And, she's so thankful for you providing her with a loving home.

Good luck to Kitty Sitter with her rescues.  She's another person with a heart of gold.  Eskimo & Pooh Bear will soon realize she's their loving Mom & caretaker.  They'll soon love her too. 

Sending all your kitties many Blessings & wishing them good health.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Veterans Day report:  Hello to all members of the Schmoo Family.  Today is about honor and respect for our veterans--gone and still with us--who do the extraordinary to keep us safe and free.

A little humor today, too.  Recently, Frankie's manager connection at our local Pet Valu store gave us a 20% off friends and family discount.  Santa Mom and Santa DH went a little berserk with it--and worse, we already gave her one of the biggest purchases:  a scratcher styled as a lady's chaise longue.

We had some tough news at her checkup Saturday--something that will never heal, only worsen, but another thing we can still work on--so we fast-tracked this gift..because Santa has that kind of power. And Frankie's that kind of special girl.

It's the Queen Mary II of cat scratchers but tasteful, too--note the feminine drawings and saying, "Every day is Caturday."  She tried it out right away and  "approved" it as only Miss Francesca (formal name, fits the occasion) could, by allowing DH to pet her:

Frankie chaise lounge test drive 2 SZED.jpg

Frankie chaise lounge test drive SZED.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am so sorry Frankie has one issue that is not resolving, I'll be praying for a miracle for her, she so deserves it!  Bless you all!

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Frankie's suffering from a 4-day weekend for DH from a Daddy boomerang--he's suddenly back to work and not here. She misses him terribly and refuses to join me in the home office. Instead, she's supervising my writing from afar.

@CamillePthanks for your prayers and good wishes for Frankie. I'll write more about her irreversible issue at a later time.  For now, please enjoy a snapshot of this past weekend called, "Slummin' with Daddy," a.k.a., DH gets on the floor and heeds her every command.

Ignore my big honking foot.  I wanted to capture the moment before she moved and if I moved that foot, we wouldn't get the tender moment between a kitty daughter and her smitten father:

Frankie and Daddy November 10 2019 SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

What a sweet picture of your special one with her Special one..You three are very blessed to  be taking care of each other.  Have the best week possible dear friends.

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   Frankie wants to know, where is everyone and what are you up to?

She exhausted herself just thinking about it today--we call this pose, "ballet snoozing:"

Frankie Nov 13 ballet snoozing SZD.jpg