Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 

I am praying  for this precious girl.❤️

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday evening report:  Greetings, fellow Schmoosters. Thanks for your prayers, silent or posted.

That Fay Wray, she's a puzzlement.  Her heart sounded decently paced and half decent, plus her lungs were mostly clear.  (!?)

One thing stood out, though:  a high fever.

So he's pulling her off the new heart med, treating the fever, changing up some of her other medicines, and we're to bring her in Thursday evening if no improvement or worsening.  He didn't want to stress her out more with bloodwork this evening.

She could be in a major stressball (our recent trip, vet people coming in and out of the house, Kitty Sitter's visit, DH's horrible bronchitis, etc.) and her body's completely flipping out.  Or something more insidious could be at work.

Time will tell. And we still need your prayers for our fragile girl.

On a humorous note, as we were finishing up, Fay Wray wanted back in her carrier.  The vet was talking out loud to me as he reviewed her visit and wrote notes in her chart.  Suddenly we heard a "scuff scuff scuff" from inside the carrier.

"Hurry up, Doc," I told him. "That's the signal for 'I want to get the h*** out of here now'. " 

And he said, "I don't blame her one kitty bit. There's no place like home:"

Fay Wray in window resized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

Oh my goodness, you have your hands so full. I would so love to help. (Sigh) Fay Wray is in my prayers, and all of you are as well. 

I just read through several posts, and am relieved Fay Wrays vet appt was pretty good overall. I sure hope her fever goes down. 

I am also relieved that Mr Sammycat is pulling out of his bronchitis,  yet I know he still faces serious health challenges. Your family is very strong, and the love you all share i  your sweet home knows no end. Mr. Schmoo knows, Frankie and Fay Wray know too. 

That is why Fay Wray got in her carrier, and let you know Let's go home. She knows. 

Prayers are sent for all of you. 

I am slowly improving. Today I went to the hair salon. I am able to do more of my normal activities. Smiley Happy

Fay Wray, you are a beautiful girl. 

Fay Wray pink is in.jpg

Honored Contributor

Frankie, you are a beautiful girl. 

Frankie June 11 sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

I am glad your Mom is home. I am lifting both of you up in prayer. These are tough times I know, but both of you are very tough too. 

Take good care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne you are a beautiful girl too. Heart

A woman's getting better when she gets back to the hair salon....hooray!

Fay Wray's still in a pack of trouble; her doctor just hasn't figured it out yet. He will.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Friends, we're destroyed. Our girl Fay Wray fell apart with multiple organ failure and we had to set her free. DH pulled me off the battlefield and my girl held on until I could get to her. She fought hard but her body betrayed her.

I wanted her to have years and years of love, but she left us at age 9.

We'll love her always and always, and that's what I whispered into her ear as she slipped away.

I failed her, my sweet angel:

Fay Wray in light.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Oh Sammy, I am so very, very sorry and heart broken to hear this news. I wish I was with you just to give you one quick hug.  I know your Baby Girl, heard your last whispers in her ears as The Precious One, took over and took her to her Heavenly home, where they will wait to be back you one day.  Sammy please never say you failed her, You are a Gift From God for your babies.  They are brought to you for love, nuturing, the safest most caring home one could have.  You and your Husband make the best of any situation from the best to the worst, so comfort is always at hand.  Please feel  the circle of love from all of us once again as you mourn this loss.  But know your Darling Fay Wray, new she was loved from the moment you saved her to her very last breathe which she waited to take until she was in your arms.  Much Love Dear Friend..Prayers and Hugs..Always.

Honored Contributor

Fay Wray in light.jpg

@Sammycat1 

I am writing this with tears streaming

down my face and a deep ache in my

heart for you,DH and Frankie.

Please don't think that you failed

your beautiful girl because you

didn't. Her life before you and

DH rescued her and her sister

was one of pure H*ll and the two

of you turned it into Heaven on Earth

for the both of them with your

incredible love.

Fay Wray was also deeply loved by

all of us who have been a part of

this amazing family that began all

those years ago because of another

beloved cat...Schmoo...which is

why I feel as if I've lost one of

my own kitties today.

I know that Schmoo was waiting at

The Bridge to greet her when she

got there and that by now she has also

met Sammy,Sophie and Furgus.

Please find comfort and solace in

the fact that Fay Wray always knew

how very much you and DH loved her

and that she was surrounded by that

same love when you sent her to

The Bridge with dignity and in peace.

I will light a special candle for your

cherished,beautiful little girl at the

pet loss dot com site.

Good bye my sweet precious girl...you

will be deeply missed by so many

who loved you with all of their hearts.

(((((HeartFAY WRAY,SAMMYCAT,DH & FRANKIEHeart)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Sammycat and DH, I too have tears as I read about your dear Fay Wray. I could hear the anguish in your words. Never think for one second that you failed this beautiful girl. You made her last years the best ever. She knew enough love in the time with you to wipe out the bad times. She knew she was loved. I wish I could be there to comfort you in person too. Please feel the love and prayers for you, DH and dear Frankie and you navigate this path of grief. 

Love and Prayers, New