Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Thursday report:  Thanks, fellow Schmoosters, for your prayers and inspirational words.  We keep motoring on because, well, it's what you have to do.

Tonight Fay Wray and I head to her excellent vet to see about adjustments to her heart medication.  As I type this, she snoozes comfortably next to me in her desktop bed. 

The other night we put an episode of Star Trek on in homage to our small vacation to New York.  We had the opportunity to meet and talk with William Shatner again.  I walked up to him (still using a cane), and I said, "Sorry, I'm moving as fast as I can."  And he replied, "You're still moving a heck of a lot faster than me!"  He's 88 but has the energy of someone far younger, a true inspiration.

Fay Wray and Frankie chime in, "If you want some inspiration, watch him when he was a young guy -- he was a hottie!"  As evidenced by Frankie, who likes her some Captain Kirk every once in a while:

Frankie and Kirk resized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Praying for you Sammycat, Mr Sammycat and FayWray and Frankie.

Thank goodness Mr. SC was diagnosed early! 

A lot going on in Schmooville for sure! 

❤️ 

Trusted Contributor

B0B9D5C2-7EB0-4C47-B6E0-99F89B43540A.jpeg

@Tissyanne 

All is well here Tissyanne. Tessa and Tripp are not best friends but she tolerates him! I can ask for not more than that! They do play ! He will chase her through the house and then she turns and chases him. 💗

Just for you:    Tessa and Tripp 💕💕

A653ECB4-6A63-4716-95C5-FBB24D9E6727.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis , Oh, my goodness. Those two are adorable. What a wonderful family. Cat Happy

I am so glad to hear from you. I am happy everyone is well in your corner. Smiley Happy

We had 103 degrees today. The ac has not shut off, but we are cool. I would like to see some rain. 

Thank you so much for sharing the pictures. I am thrilled that this has worked out for all of you. I think Tessa secretly likes Tripp. She just plays hard to get Smiley Very Happy

Stay in touch. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

I think Tessa likes him too!

We have had rain everyday for almost a week! Unseasonably cool temperatures. It’s suppose to be sunny tomorrow and rain on the weekend! Back in the 80’s next week.

I am so glad Tripp was able to stay with us. I just couldn’t give him up without trying again. It wasn’t easy, but thank God it worked out. He is so sweet.

i think of you often dear friend. During prayer time Sunday I was praying for you. God knows who Tissyanne is and who Sammy cat is and Beauty and Shop FayWray, Frankie Mr Sammycat and all of the Schmoo family. Even if I’m not here, I keep you in prayer! 

❤️🙏🏻😻

Trusted Contributor

@newtoallthis 

Thank you for posting your kitty pics.  They're both so gorgeous.

I'll guess which one is which - Tripp top pic & Tessa bottom pic?

Forgive me if I guessed wrong.

I don't know the background of you adopting both but I'm glad you did.  If possible, I just think it's a good idea for pets to have a partner.    I agree with @Tissyanne  that Tessa's playing hard to get.

Please give them both hugs for me.

@TissyanneI hope  you're feeling better these days?

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , I wish you could send me some of your rain. We have had coolish weather up until this week, and now that we are nearing July it will be hot, and dry. 

I admire you so much for your determination in getting Tessa to peacefully live with Tripp. I think it is fun that they chase each other. 

Reading that you have remembered all the Schmoo family in prayer has touched my heart, and I appreciate you so very much. 

Heart

Honored Contributor

@ScenicMaine , 

I have had a much better last two days. Seems to be slow go, but I will take it. 

I hope all is well with you, and that the summer is a good one for you. Smiley Happy

Thank you for asking about me. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Tissyanne 

That's great news for you!  I'm so happy to hear this & I hope it continues.  I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers for relief & hoping you feel like a "new you" soon. 

May you get better so you can enjoy your summer.  Heart

I'm doing well, thank you.  A bit humid here the past few days, along with the rain.  But, the good news is, this weekend will let us see some sunshine that we haven't had much of this week.

.. all about the simple things, ya know.  Take care.

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report/mini-update:  Fay Wray is in rough shape. She is home with us. She has fluid in her lungs and her heart has enlarged again, more than the vet thought.  She is home and on an additional regimen for her heart.  Of course this hurts her kidneys, just as with Schmoo.  He had a worse heart and less severe kidneys; she is the opposite.

Either the way, we're in rough seas.  More tomorrow.