Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 ,

I am glad  the trip was enjoyable, but sad Mr. Sammycat is sick. I sure hope he is better now. 

Sounds like Kitty Sitter is a very busy lady helping the helpless. What a wonderful lady. 

I am ready to hear all about your trip, and glad to read that Frankie and Fay Wray were well cared. 

The pictures of Mr Schmoo bring back fond memories. Cat Happy What a guy. Heart

Respected Contributor

How cute are those kitties!!!!! They look like they are so happy you are back home @Sammycat1  😬 Just frolicing about!!! Saying Yippee yippee mom and dad are back!! Heart I am sure one will bring a tissue for nose blowing to Mr. Sammycat!  😊 Heart

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Friday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!  The House of Schmoo is depressed today, as the Kitty Sitter went back home. In addition to a nice trip (made possible by the Kitty Sitter and the two vet techs we hired to help her care for Frankie and Fay Wray), we had a good visit with her before and after our journey.  All the while she was here, she also coordinated an army of 80 volunteers to help the cats in her shelter back home.  Details on our trip to come.

DH has a bad cold that's inflamed his throat horribly.  Fay Wray and Frankie are in the best shape of anyone!

For now, and by request of @beauty junkie , a collage of Schmoo photos showing him kicking butt and taking names, the eternal Sheriff of Prairie Justice--capped by a photo of him bathed in radiance, looking up toward a Heaven he soon would inhabit.   He's with you, Beauty, always:

Schmoo catnip creature.jpg

Schmoo back on attack.jpg

Schmoo why we love cats.jpg

Schmoo vigor.jpg

Schmoo fight.jpg

Schmoo its why kitties fight.jpg

Schmoo Heaven.jpg

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

Sammycat thank you so much for the pictures of Mr Schoo.Love the jelly bean shot as you know and the last photo is so beautiful I hope your DH feels better and had a Happy Fathers Day.Glad to hear the girls are both doing ok.Kitty Sitter is a gift from God.

Tissyanee thank you so much for the picture of MrSchmoo to hold me over till Sammycat came home. I hope you are feleign better now on the medication. I am now being sent to a cardiologist,always somethinng.

Shop thinking of you and your Mom.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Tissy, I just saw your report, so glad things went well for you and you have a little peace with this knowledge.  

Sammy, I hope your trip went well and so happy The Girl's are doing as well as possible.

Mom has been in ICU since last Wednesday.  She has an infection in the body fluid that went into her blood stream that caused sepsis, and kidney failure, true to her form, she is fighting like Hell and pulling through yet again.  This women, my Blessed Mom, is one of a kind.  Her words to me a few minutes ago, I am ready to home, I want to go to my  bathroom and my shower and drink my water!

You bet your booty, I am trying to get her home, again Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  Well it's a sad state of affairs when I'm the healthiest person in our home!

DH has bronchitis, Fay Wray is having heart problems worsen and Frankie isn't eating well.  I'm eating my way through the stress of it via Panera Bread.

Our trip was great.  We drove to the Adironacks again to visit Lakes George and Champlain, see William Shatner again (looking splendid at 88 years young) and also explore Fort Ticonderoga.  With cane in tow, I was able to hike up Mount Defiance, towering 900 feet over the fort. I huffed and puffed and complained the whole way, but the view was beyond worth it.

Funny story:  It was pretty hot the day we toured the fort, so we went to their excellent cafe.  We're seated and starting to slurp our strawberry lemonade when DH crooks his head to the right but warns me against saying anything.  He does it a few times  until I look.

There, perhaps 4 feet away from my eye level, is a fellow's ample butt crack staring me in the face (the butt wasn't big, but the real estate of the crack was, if you get what I mean). The man was sitting at the counter. I spewed my lemonade.  DH is trying not to laugh out loud at my horror (when I see butt fur, it's normally on a cat).  I thought, really--he can't feel the breeze back there?

@beauty junkieI'm glad you enjoyed those Schmoo pics.  You and Schmoo always were two peas in the pod, and now you need a cardiologist like he did.  Hang in there!  @Shop Till you Drop I think your Mom is actually made of iron.  Tell her we're praying for her always. @Tissyanne I have more stories of our trip to tell, but couldn't resist the "breezy butt" one first.  @ScenicMaine and @cbrite thanks for welcoming us back.

And now for a cat posterior covered because the Kitty Sitter "tucked" Frankie into a flannel blankie on the back of our couch while we were away--and because Frankie is first and foremost a lady:

Frankie June 11 sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop , 

I am continuing to keep your Mom, and you in my prayers. She is truly amazing, and her will to come home proves she is a fighter. 

Your Blessed Mom. Heart

Sending hugs across the miles. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 , 

Oh my goodness!!!  The "breezy butt" story is so funny. I love the way Mr. Sammycat alerted you. Smiley Very Happy

I am glad you two had a nice time away Hopefully, Mr. Sammycat will be better very soon. I understand that Panera Bread stress eating. Smiley Happy

I am saddened to hear Fay Wray is not doing well. 

Frankie, you need to eat better ladybug A girl as pretty as you are on the back of that couch needs to keep her figure--- even if you do keep "covered. " Cat Happy

Looking forward to updates. 

Get some rest. 

Valued Contributor

Sending good thoughts and prayers that everyone in the House of Schmoo gets back on an even keel ASAP.  What a sweet photo of Miss Frankie.

Regular Contributor

Spoiler

Cat LOLHeart

Regular Contributor

Sending tons of hugs and love to all Schmoo alumni!!!