Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@newtoallthis , I'll say a special prayer for your beloved Mr. Tibbs this Friday. That was my mother's birthday.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop thanks for your amazing reply! We Schmoo Prayer Warriors are here as long as you need us.  And I know on good authority that the radiant light of Schmoo will shine on you...always and always.Heart

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , 

I think the picture is so sweet. You have a miracle right there, and you created it, with your love, and perserverance. I admire you very much. Cat Happy

I understand your pain of the anniversary of Mr Tibbs passing. We honor him, and the love that he gave to you. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  While straightening our dining room table--it is "kitty hospital central" for Fay Wray and Frankie--I came upon a receipt.

At first, I thought I overlooked a receipt for our taxes and silently cursed this fact.  The date followed:  March 22, 2016.  I kept a poor set of books for our family, I thought.  A receipt three years old?  I was slipping.

And then I saw the vendor's name--our county SPCA--followed by the amount:  $90.

I smiled. That receipt symbolized hope triumphant, for it marked the day we adopted two special girl kitties and gave them the home they deserved, one filled with love, fun and security as they'd never known.

And we wouldn't change one thing, except to wipe their health problems away:

Front 40 sized.jpg

Honored Contributor

Front 40 sized.jpg

@Sammycat1 

Sending your precious,beautiful

girls tons of hugs and kisses...

please deliver!

(((((HeartFAY WRAY & FRANKIEHeart)))))

------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1 , that receipt was like the winning Powerball ticket for Frankie and Fay Wray.  Very lucky, and deserving, girls to find such wonderful parents.  Continuing to send prayers for all of you.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

What you and DH have given those girls is beyond believing. You’ve given them peace, care,  and most of all love...so much love. And all that love made up for the bad times they went through. You have loved them and covered their bad times until they are gone from their memory. They just know Mom, Dad and the best world ever with them.

i admire you and DH more than words can ever say. ❤️

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Finding that receipt is just a reminder of how fortunate their adoptions turned out for all of you.  You & DH are remarkable by loving & protecting Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie.  

That pic of your sweet babies is adorable.  My vision is my babies are on the other side doing the same thing with your girls .. on their towers staring back & wanting to play with your girls.  Well, maybe not to play since they don't do that much anymore.  But, it's wishful thinking on their part.  

All of us have such sweet, gentle souls that we wouldn't ever change.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Friday report:  You have written such kind replies to my post about Frankie's and Fay Wray's adoption receipt.  The reality is:  you, too, are just as loving and caring toward your own cats and dogs.

All of us in our way cherish these creatures we've been so fortunate to share our lives with. We all beat ourselves up when they need above-and-beyond care that we're not doing enough--or doing the right things. 

They feel our devotion in spite of our anxieties at time like this.  No words or barks or meows need be exchanged, for this kind of love--pinging back and forth between ourselves and our furry ones--is something we all, animal and human, feel deeply.

A case in point, @newtoallthis and her Mr. Tibbs, who passed away this day three years ago. He flew to Heaven on gossamer wings powered by her timeless love, because love does that.  It has a power exceeding all trials and challenges in this life.

Mr. Tibbs, we honor you today.  I hope that you and Mr. Schmoo are sitting side by side in the Gentleman's Club, examining your Heavenly empire together:

Schmoo empire.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

You, and Mr. Sammycat are precious people who I admire greatly. These girls now know peace, love, security, hope, fun, and a sense of family, aka belonging. 

Cat Happy