Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@newtoallthis , 

How are Tessa and Tripp doing? I have bèen wondering about them, and wanted an update. 

I hope all is well. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , 

Your home sounds as snug as a kitty in a blankie. Cat Happy We were expecting a little snow yestetday, but alas, none came, 

I remember when my husband would trim our Sugarbears nails. He did it all od their lives, so they were used to it. He would put one in the recliner beside him, and take each paw and massage it. Then he would trim. Oh, I miss those days. My sweet girls. 

I know it is difficult with Fay Wray resisting. My prayers continue for each one of you. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for asking. They are doing just fine. Tessa is learning to play. She loves to chase him and loves getting chased. She is still wary of him, but she will lay on the bed while he’s on it too. She seems to have accepted him. I never thought I’d see the day! 

He is such a sweet boy. 

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

@Tissyanne 

Thank you for asking. They are doing just fine. Tessa is learning to play. She loves to chase him and loves getting chased. She is still wary of him, but she will lay on the bed while he’s on it too. She seems to have accepted him. I never thought I’d see the day! 

He is such a sweet boy. 

@newtoallthis , 

I am so happy for all of you. I can imagine that Tessa is an even happier kitty now that she has a friend. 

The picture of Tripp is so adorable, and he does look so sweet. 

What a beautiful story of determination and love. I admire you !!! 

748A1D22-C2BF-459E-BA8B-9FE3AE1D736E.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  I hope all in the Schmoo family are doing well.

Fay Wray is having more pain in her tongue ulcer, which means the kidneys, despite all our efforts, are bearing down on her.  I do the middle of the night feeding and care during DH's work week, and as those of us with pain know, the night is always the worst for some reason.

I set my alarm and went to her, and her poor tongue was sticking out. I immediately gave her the pain injection, pet her for about 10 minutes to soothe her as it took effect, then fed her--encouraging her as she ate.  She's able to bite big hunks of food more easily then lick it, so I cheer her on.

Then she had a big drink of fresh ice water and I gave her a bath with hypoallergenic cat wipes to make her skin and coat feel better, and she curled into a happy sleep.

Even though I wish she weren't hurting, I love these quiet moments together where I feel I can make a difference in her comfort. Isn't amazing how they know we're trying to help them? And how they live only for these special moments of ease?

I remember well how my Schmoo cat would curl up after one of these "sponge" baths and close his eyes in contentment.  Even though he was sick, in that moment, he felt good. And we grew even closer:

Schmoo go the distance.jpg

Trusted Contributor

SO happy the Sweet Fay Wray is still finding some comfort each day in her loving home.  I too always continue to pray for her.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I pray your most excellent vet will find something to help Fay Wray’s ulcer and dry mouth. Still and always, praying for miracles.

🦋

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 If you need to borrow my kitties shower cap let me know...🥰 Scrub a dub dub sweet Fay Wray's in the tub 🛁 - Thank u again.Heart

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@rustysmom  I saw your heartbreaking post and I wanted to extend my sympathies here as well since you belong to the Schmoo family. I am praying for you, please know that we all are here for you. May God's comforting arms wrap around you. Love and prayers and hugs.

Trusted Contributor

@cbrite I hope you don't mind my sharing your pic, but I thought we needed to see this adorable baby in her full size glory. 😁 good to see you here❤

CUTE KITTY BATH.gif