Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1

It’s good to hear that your little darling is feeling up to eating and even drinking a bit of peach Snapple!  🙂  I am praying for good news from the miracle worker vet.  

@nycgrl

I am so sorry to hear that you lost both your mother and your precious Snuggles.  Sometimes life can be extraordinarily difficult. 😥

🙏🕊❤️

Trusted Contributor

Sleep well little Lady on  this cold winter day.  You look so lovely resting.  Oh I bet that Snapple tasted so good to your sore little tongue.  Enjoy all the little things your heart desires...You deserve them all...hugs

Trusted Contributor

That precious baby girl ❤️ She knows how very much she is loved. Praying for each of you and for dear Frankie. They know...Hugs and prayers dear Sammycat, DH, Fay Wray and Frankie.
Respected Contributor

Just thinking of you.  Candle still glowing.  {{{Gentle Hugs}}}  Heart 

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Fay Wray knows she is well loved, and secure. Frankie is in my prayers too. Bless her heart. 

Thank you @Sammycat1 for keeping us updated. 

Prayers for this family. 

Esteemed Contributor

Monday p.m. report:  Fay Wray had a fairly contented day.  Those phosphorus binders really bound her up, but she felt better after a big trip to the litterbox.

Yet she seems a little weaker to us this evening. She required a little more pain medicine tonight.  We're fearful of our visit to the vet tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.  As I sit here playing "instrumental lullabies" on the Echo for her while she rests in her desktop bed, I wonder if this is the last night she'll enjoy in her home--a home filled with love showered on her every day for three years, the home she deserved all along but did not get until we came upon her five years into her life.

I don't want to go to sleep.  I want to stare at her and pet her and bring her water bowl to her lips. I want to watch her snug in different positions in her bed. The anger at her mistreatment that will cut her life woefully short, the fury at the mistreatment she suffered before we rescued her keeps boiling below the surface. 

We tried to be so attentive and give these girls the best care. But there will be no Easter this year, no Christmas, no change of the seasons to delight my girl. We are in a hospice situation as the vet said we'd be, so we're just trying to make it the best hospice situation a sick kitty could hope for.

My heart physically hurts, but I hide it from her.  Ironic at how we both hide our pain from one another.  I sob in the shower and in far corners of the house when the washing machine or dishwasher churn to mask my sorrow.

Forgive my rambling.  I'm scared for her, for us.  I know that we rescued her and gave her the love and care she should have had the day she came into the world--but the knowing doesn't soften the hurt, not at all.

All I can think of watching her sleep peacefully are part of the lyrics from the theme to the movie Armageddon, because I don't want to miss a thing:

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure

Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream would never do
I'd still miss you, baby
And I don't wanna miss a thing:

Schmoo Fay Wray closeup.jpg

Respected Contributor

My heart aches for you.  Reading your post...  I've been where you are, and it hurts so bad.  I will be sitting with you in "spirit" for the next several hours.  I know that doesn't help, but just know this "Mistic" has you in her thoughts...  I wish I could give you a "real hug."  Heart

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Trusted Contributor

Sammycat even though I had not posted I have been reading and praying.This is breaking my heart.I always ask God to please give these girls more time in their loving home.I fit it is time for your sweet girl to make her journey no one could have done more for her or been more loving. I am still hoping for a miracle and am tying through my tears.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

nycgirl so sorry for ths loss of your Mom and Snuggles. So much sadness lately

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1

How I wish I had words to comfort you, How I wish I could bear some of this pain for you, but grief is a journey we walk alone. But just know so many of us are with you in spirit. We surround you with love and prayer. 

My prayers continue for you, DH, Frankie and most of all for Fay Wray. 

With much love, New