Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Tuesday report:   Thank you, DH of BrbfromTX, for giving us our best news today -- that our friend of Schmoo did so well in her surgery and soon will be home!  Please tell her we want her to relax and heal, but we also can't wait to have her posting among us again, too.

A big shout-out and prayers to all the firefighters today; I thought of them because our flags were at half-staff at the battlefield in honor of the three who lost their lives.

Newtoallthis, sorry to hear about the stress on two kitty fronts at one time -- we're keeping your family and these fuzzmuffins in our prayers.

Thanks, posters, for your concerns for me;  my doctor is trying to work out these issues.  Hopefully none will prevent the surgery from moving forward.

Beauty Junkie, I wish I could wave a wand and watch your symptoms disappear -- and hope you doctors can waves theirs, too, as soon as possible.

From BrbfromTx to Beauty to missing kitties to all those who come to the Schmoo thread in friendship:  it might do us a bit of good to take a collective breath, exhale and pamper ourselves the best we can.

It's one of the reasons the Schmooster did so well.  Not only did we pamper him, but he was a Pleasure King himself, taking care to make sure that all orthopedic beds were fluffed to perfection; that a minimal number of naps were taken per day; and that his soft food was served on ceramic plates.

This kind of "me time" restores the soul.  Beauty Junkie:  note the pink paw pads, special for you.  BrbfromTx:  we hope you're doing a lot of this.  Tissyanne:  the speckled nosey is yours all the way.

Schmoo easy street.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I want to thank brbfromtx's DH for letting us know she did well with her surgery. Please tell her that she will be in all our prayers everyday till she she has fully recovered.WE will all be here when she is up to posting.I am so grateful she did well.

Sammycat I hope you are feeling better.GERD is awful,I suffer with it terrible and take both 40mgs of omprazole(sp) and 150mgs of Zantac. The combo of the 2 drugs seems to help me a lot and lseeping witht he head very elevated.

My Dr appt. went pretty good. MY rash for the past 2 days has bben almost nonexistent so he feels that I have ot stay on prednsione and can't taper off weekly as we were doing. I have to go monthly so its going ot be about 6 months of prednsione.If the hives and welts ocme back with the lowere dosages then I will be starting chemo injections. I hope that won't be the case. Right now I am happy to report,no rash,none,Happy dance. I hate the stroeids and have side effetcs but sure beats that painful burning rash and welts.

newtoallthis I hope things get better with the kitty's. Praying for you and them.

I wish with all my heart that I could send the torrential rain we keep getting here daily to the west coast,its awfully unfair.I cry seeing the pictures.

I am waiting for the day to nibble on those massive yet gentle most beautiful pink paw pads,pink jelly beans that look like they feel like velvet.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Mr. Schmoo looks so comfy here. Love the pose, and the speckled nosey. Heart

original-3.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

HUGS to BJ- I am so Happy You a Bit of Relief!!!!!! Our prayers have been answered for now and we will continue to pray that the rash and hives stay away!!

have a Blessed day friends (Hugs to all)

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:   In an attempt to achieve "stress reduction," I recently bought one of those adult coloring books.  It's probably what pattern I purchased -- cats.

The outlines are beautiful and ornate and it's fun to choose colors and create images of cats in colors not occurring in nature.

But as I stumbled upon a picture of SophSoph laying on our intricate, paisley comforter, I saw instantly that Mother Nature did a far better coloring job than anything man could produce.

No contest:

Schmoo pattern pretty.jpg

Super Contributor

Your "me too" kitty was definitely a masterpiece. Such a beauty!

Trusted Contributor

Hello Everyone! Sammycat I have been looking at the adult coloring books and thinking of getting one. I feel it would be very relaxing! There is not one that could come near Soph's beautiful picture!

Hope brb is recovering and everyone else and their babies are doing well.

There is no news of my son's cat. We are still doing everything we can think of to find him. It is a quiet street and no one has seen him or found him...

Also,  my mystery cat has not come back for three days. Either he has moved on or has a home. I am still watching for him.

On a brighter note, Tibbs got an excellent report from the vet yesterday. He is closer to 18 than 17 so this was welcome news.

I continue to pray for each of you and your furbabies. Thank you for your kind words to me.

Honored Contributor

Schmoo pattern pretty.jpg

Thursday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... Where did you purchase the kitty coloring book? I'd so love to get one for myself. Please advise. Thanks!  :-)

new... Praying with all of my heart that your son's precious furbaby is found safe and sound ASAP. Once he's back home again, perhaps the kitty should become an indoor kitty 24/7. I have 5 kitties..all rescued at different times...and I never let them go outside. We're all purr-fectly happy with this arrangement.

beauty... So happy that the new meds seem to be providing the releif that you needed. :-)

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

WishingSammycat,DH,KS, and The Pawsome Clan a fur-bulous day! :-)

-----------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

I told them and told them to not let him out! I told them even in a "safe" neighborhood there are dangers to cats outside. I would say if they ever get him back he will not be out again. I can't help but begin to lose hope with each passing day. Thank you for your prayers and concerns.

Valued Contributor

I am so thankful for my Schmoo friends.  Your prayers, comforting words and beautiful pictures help to ease my pain.  I'm up more today and have to exercise my arm, shoulder, and back-going easy of course.  I am having to take tough kitty lessons from Schmoo!  Sending love and hugs to you ((((Sammycat)))))(((((Beautyjunkie))))(((((Tissyanne)))))((((Shop))))((((Beastie))))((((Newtoallthis))))((((All other friends of Schmoo)))

Again thank you for being so uplifting and I thank God for you!!!