Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Dear Friends, I have struggled the last couple of days to bring you news that we didnt want to hear.  Knowing it has been hard, but sharing it is even harder.  The bone marrow biopsy showed major changes from the last test done in 2015.  More cancer in the bone marrow which is killing the good cells faster and faster.  The reason for this is something called 17 depletion which causes chromosone 53 in her body to for a lack of better words be out of whack.  This is the bad depletion that causes CLL to become the most agressive and very hard to treat.  We now understand why the last chemo treatment did not work at all and her counts have continued to drop.  This is such a complicated disease and very hard to understand.  Mom is 72 and has had this for 10 years, hence she is not as strong as she used to be, it has taken a toll.  If she were younger and stronger she would have a bone marrow transplant which would save her life, this cant happen.  SOme new treatments are available to try, but those decsions are something she is still trying to decide on.  Sometimes you just get tired of trying this and that with the question will it help in the end and are the horrible side effects worth it. (Her thoughts and concerns).  I still have hope and I still believe our prayers will be heard.  I thank God for you Dear Angels that pray for Mom and I.  

Respected Contributor

Oh Shop, I am so, so sorry to hear this news, I remember my Mom's battle with lung cancer reaching this point, and feeling completely defeated.  I will absolutely keep you and your sweet Mom in my prayers!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_5558.JPG

Cat HappyHeartHAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY COOKIE!!HeartCat Happy

Hoping that you had a furbulous day

and wishing that you have many more

birthdays to celebrate!!!Cat Very Happy

(((((COOKIE)))))

Love,

beastie,Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack!

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

.Schmoo love believes.jpg

Tuesday Afternoon Greetings

Shop...

My heart and my prayers go

out to you and to your mom at this

very difficult time in your lives.

Please find comfort and strength in

the fact that all of us are with

the both of you in loving spirit.

(((((HeartSHOP & HER MOMHeart)))))

Sammycat...

Please tell your girls that my kittehs

have no problem with Shironeko because

they know that their mommy has enough

love in her heart for each one of them

as well as for all of the other kittehs

in the world...which includes Frankie

and Fay Wray! HeartCat Happy

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS,and

all of my dear Schmoo sisters

a peaceful remainder of the day.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   @beauty junkie when I first "met" you and Cookie, she was a girl of 4 years old, as that's the first time I posted about Schmoo and his dental problems....9 years ago!  Now she's a more mature goddess of your household and no doubt forever spoiled by your love.  Happy Birthday and many more, Cookie!

@Shop Till you Dropyour silence over the weekend was deafening and I feared the news wasn't what you'd prayed for or expected.  The next decisions your mom must make no doubt press on you both. We can't know your emotional turmoil, the fears you have, the complexity of the medical situation you face. 

But we do know this: you and your mom have great courage and great faith and, if I may speak for the Schmoo family, great friends in all of us here.  We are with you in this journey, placid times and tumultuous times alike -- and, as I used to say to my finest teacher, Schmoo, always and always.  Lean on us:

Schmoo the gift.jpg 

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop, I am very saddened to hear the news about your Mom. I will continue to hold her, and you close in my heart, and always in my prayers. She has some difficult decisions to make, and my prayer will be that she receive guidance from on high, and also from her physicians. I hope the double J's are doing good. 

d711b241d5f51b3e712239a53feff1b6.jpg

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday Cookie. Cat Happy I hope you have a wonderful time with lots of naps. 

birthday_kitten.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1, I will be honored to assist anyway I can in Mr. Schmoo's book. Smiley Happy always, and always. original-2.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop, These past 10 years must have been such a difficult time for your Mom and you. 

I want you to know that both your Mom and you & your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Heart

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone and thank you beastie,Sammycat and Tissyanne so much for the brithday wishes for my girl. Wow Sammycat I didn't  realizel its been that many years,time is going by so fast. Cookie had a nice brithday and many treats.

Shop like Sammycat said the fact you hadn't posted let us all know the news wasn't what we hoped for but I will never stop praying nor give up hope.Your Mom and you are some pretty strong women and we are with you in spirt praying everyday.

The photo of a sleeping Schmoo is so sweet and also very comforting. I picture him just like this in Heaven,ever so content and dreaming of his Mom&Dad.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!