Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammy, Just checking in to see how today is going.  That picture of sweet Frankie with her Daddy is heart wrenching.  Such a deep love we all unerstand so well.  Please give sweet Frankie a little ear rub and tell her so many prayers are being lifted for her to feel better.  Hugs to you my Friend.

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze Oh Seabreeze, I hope Bo is improving.  I know how scary that is.  Your baby is just precious I will certainly pray that Bo can get the feeling back in his legs and feel better.  

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze , prayers for your little Bo. Hopefully, the Rimadyl will help her. 

We had a little blonde cooker spaniel for 18 years. He was the sweetest dog I have ever known. 

Let us know how she is doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings, Schmoo Family.

@seaBreeze  Our prayers are at the ready for your beautiful Bo. I hope the Rimadyl works its magic. She's such a delightful pup and so loving--you can see it in her eyes!

@seaBreeze @Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop @geezerette @sceniccoast @newtoallthis @grandkidsrgreat@TrafficDiva and so any others:

Frankie is making modest, steady improvements on the new antibiotic scheme. She seems to be feeling better than Saturday and yesterday. To get her to eat Sunday, we had to feed her what we call "naughty duck," which is a limited-ingredient, grain-free duck that is NOT her Rx food. Naughty duck has consequences, namely soft stools.

And as you can imagine, so does the double-antibiotic treatment. So she's getting some probiotics to counteract them. You have to be careful with probiotics when you have a gut-oriented problem; they can end up causing an obstruction. But her Most Excellent Vet gave the go-ahead, so that's what we're doing.

You can't imagine how heart-rending this is, having her take 3 steps forward and 2 or 4 back ... all since December. Well, what am I saying? Of course you can. We're trying to prevent a bacterial overload, i.e., sepsis. So far, it's working.

And our girl fights on. No new pics, but here's a beauty from the past where she's "surly, yet pleased." Thank you, dear friends, for your steadfast support:

Frankie surly yet pleased SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze
Please know I’m praying for your sweet puppy Bo. Holding you close in thought and prayer. 💗
Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1
I came on to check on Frankie before o say my nightly prayers. I’m so glad to hear of some improvement 🙏🏻💗continue on! Love each and everyone of you! Prayers for you and you and Mr Sammycat.
Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne

It’s always good to read your post. Your kindness and caring and love come through! Thank you for all the kind words you’ve said to me and then encouragement along the way.
What would we do without each other! Blessing yo you my friend!
Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Greetings to all Schmoosters.

Frankie reports that all these antibiotics are starting to give her loose stools, a subject she doesn't bring up lightly. So we're giving her a probiotic to help (it does). But it also makes her a little punky. Like cat mother (me), like cat daughter. Those things don't agree with me.

Your kind words give us encouragement. Frankie starts her 4th antibiotic tomorrow. It's a liquid one flavored cherry. Note to pet pharmacy people:  cats dislike cherry.  So I'm steeling myself for giving her this tomorrow morning.

We hope, @seaBreeze, that Miss Bo is experiencing some improvement. I remember well when our collie Fergus had to go on rimadyl for his arthritis and lower spine issues. Prayers that it works as well on Bo as it did on him.

It's a beautiful day in Schmooville, uncharacteristically cool, but that's OK. Soon it will be well into the 90s.  Frankie doesn't do "heat"--she's a lady of the indoors:

Frankie sunshine SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis@ wrote:
@Tissyanne

It’s always good to read your post. Your kindness and caring and love come through! Thank you for all the kind words you’ve said to me and then encouragement along the way.
What would we do without each other! Blessing yo you my friend!

@newtoallthis ,  your kind words mean so much to me. We have been together here for a long time. I know that our thread is a soft place to fall for many of us. I am thankful for you, and Blessings to you always. 

I hope you, and your little family are all well. We are looking forward to the carefree warm sunny days ahead. May the summer be wonderful for you, and yours. 

Honored Contributor

Miss Frankie ladybug,  hang in there, sweet kitty. I don't like cherry flavored medicine either. I much prefer a mint, or lemon flavor. I know you can do this. 

Your picture here is beyond precious. You, and your girly figure. Cat Tongue Heart

@Sammycat1 , I am sending more light, love, and hope to the three of you. 

Frankie sunshine SZD.jpg