Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@noodleann @Tissyanne @NickNack@sceniccoast  thanks again for your good wishes for Frankie. We are so grateful for your support.

Frankie is NOT being sedate at all--they thought she'd sleep this evening--ha!  In fact, I had to run back to the vet's to get gauze and wrap because she wants to tear at those staples and sutures...and a cone of shame, even one with soft padding, is not what he wants near this big incision.  So back I went (he picked out pink tape for her--cute), had the vet techs and assistants tutor me in how to put gauze and this tape on without choking her, then rush back home because DH has been the ringmaster nonstop trying to get her to NOT CLAW THAT INCISION! The vet is astonished she showed so much strength after this major surgery.

She is not listening!

But she is more comfortable without the cone and although she hates the gauze and tape, she has finally sprawled out to relax a litle.  We're going to confine her to the top floor of our home tonight and cross our fingers that she can't dig that bandage off--all we need is an emergency surgery.

So tonight will be restless.  The vet said this first week of healing is critical, so we can't let our guard down.

She is a tough kitty fighter, but it seems we have a habit of rescuing just that kind of kitty. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Attagirl Frankie! You came through your surgery like the warrior princess you are - although I think your mommy and daddy could use a little more princess and a little less warrior. Do some deep dish snoozing and let your stitches heal.

Great news all around so far - what a relief!  

Frankie (ever so) Strong!

Love, TrafficDiva

Trusted Contributor

Oh what wonderful news! I know the precious one was just around the corner all day. So many answered prayers! I know you have a rough few days ahead of you, but sweet Frankie will heal up or maybe that's Rise Up! I knew your girl would be back home tonight.  Hugs dear friend...another sigh of relief..

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1When next you speak with Frankie's vet, ask him if you can put anything on the incision, and if so, if he is okay with you putting the oil from a vitamin E dietary supplement capsule on it.  It will soften the skin so it does not  "eye-tea-see-ache" from being dry as it heals.  If it doesn't i*ch she won't scratch.  (trying to figure out how to convey the word that's spelled like the technical term for a female dog without the "b" at the front of it)

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Greetings to all this morning!  I'm getting a slow start due to Miss Frankie, who fought her bandage and confinement well into the night--but I am grateful considering what could have been.

She's a little brighter today and moving about more, but we're also keeping her to the second floor. Going up and down steps is not a good idea right now. For someone who just underwent major surgery, she's like an octopus, a creature of a thousand limbs trying to move about.  I wonder that she has extra energy because those tumors were pressing down on her shoulder and neck.

Frankie's lumbering around, but I thought you'd like to see her bandage--tape picked out in pink by her most excellent vet.  Better than the cone of shame and keeping her from digging at the staples.

What a fashion plate, even in recovery:

Frankie post op 2 SZD.jpg

Frankie post op SZD.jpg

Valued Contributor

Frankie continues to be adorable.  I am glad things have gone relatively well.  Will continue to keep all of you in my prayers as you wait for the biopsy results.  I hope you all have a quiet, restful weekend.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I have had problems for about a week trying to post! I tried last night and "access denied" kept coming up. Cant even read messages on my iPhone! 
Anyway! I have been here cheering Frankie and family on! Praying and thanking God for her. Prayers continuing until this is gone.

im reading and will post when allowed.

Frankie ❤️ So much!

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@Sammycat1When next you speak with Frankie's vet, ask him if you can put anything on the incision, and if so, if he is okay with you putting the oil from a vitamin E dietary supplement capsule on it.  It will soften the skin so it does not  "eye-tea-see-ache" from being dry as it heals.  If it doesn't i*ch she won't scratch.  (trying to figure out how to convey the word that's spelled like the technical term for a female dog without the "b" at the front of it)

@CamilleP 

With this type of incision and wound, he wants it dry.  I think it's less itchy than she just wants to lick at it, and she can't lick it so she wants to whap at it with her leg.

Note:  If it's a mast cell tumor, the thing releases histamine and no topical will help that..it's deep within. If it continued, we would have to go to antihistamine to prevent her from going into anaphylactic shock. Who knew?

No worries:  The bandage is preventing her from poking at it with her back legs, so it must not have been an itch but a desire to poke at something foreign to her. Typical cat maneuvering. She's getting some good, deep rest today. 

I think you as always for your deep thinking and giving helpful hints. We need all the brainpower we can get!

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Oh my!  Miss Francesca does look terrribly fashionable in her new attire!  A pretty pink scarf--Isaac would be proud!😉

She looks like she's bright eyed and bushy tailed, without a care in the world.  Always good to see.

Best wishes for a dull and boring weekend--which, under all the present circumstances would be a very good thing!❤️🐾

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie, you're amazing with your recovery so far.  Now, you've turned into  a model showing off your pretty pink infinity scarf.  You're a true beauty.

I truly hope you continue healing without any further issues popping up.  

Wishing you calm & peaceful dreams tonight.  Blessings to you Sweet Little Angel Girl.  Heart