Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 , DH & Sweet Frankie     (((( Hugs & Prayers ))))

Sweetest Little Angel Girl Frankie, I wish you well today.  I've looked at this most recent photo of you .. & first impression .. you look so cuddlely & content.  I can't get over your gorgeous fur, so well groomed.  With all the love & care from your Mom & Dad, I pray today's Vet visit will turn out to have "negative" results.  Best of luck.  Wishing you peaceful & calm dreams tonight.  Maybe you'll get to enjoy a tad of turkey tomorrow?           Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday post-vet report:   Before I took Frankie to the vet, we found a second lump, slightly smaller than the first.

The vet checking Frankie today (her most excellent vet wasn't in) found potentially a third, but when she went to aspirate it, she couldn't find it again. The larger of the lumps has a bit of red on it, but no ulceration. These larger ones are 6mm, a little less 1/4 inch.

The aspiration didn't find much of anything, as in no cells. Which is better than a lot of cells, but, still, we don't know what these bumps are.  They came out of virtually nowhere, though. They are not lipomas. It's possible that they're sebaceous cysts or mast cell tumors, which can be benign or malignant.

She wants us to watch the size and proliferation of these. If a fourth bump shows up, we have to go right back in. If they get bigger, we go right back in. If her weight begins to drop, right back in.

Otherwise, she seems the same to us. I mentioned her cries in the night that have re-emerged (this happened @ 1 month+ or so ago, and she was checked for everything from hyperT to high BP, and there was nothing.) We think she's a little lonely in the night so we're going to try to leave on the TV for her and see if that helps.

When we initially found the lumps, I made an appointment with Frankie's most excellent vet for Friday. We may still keep that. He knows her like the back of his hand, and he may have different thoughts.

Meanwhile, we're devastated, because this just doesn't look good and it doesn't feel good. And it reminds us of a kitty long ago who also fell ill, right at Thanksgiving, the kitty who unites us still here. We put a tree up for him when he started to go awry, and it helped him a bit; we'll do the same this weekend for Frankie:

Schmoo Christmas 2010.jpg

Honored Contributor

Rre: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 , 

Prayers for our Frankie ladybug, 

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mr. Sammycat, and Frankie

I hope your day is blessed, and full of joy making memories. 

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for the update.

I'll continue with praying for your family.  I truly hope all goes well if you do keep Friday's appt.  It may give you peace of mind.

Best of luck with the prognosis.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rre: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1   I'll keep Frankie in my prayers that these lumps are benign cysts.

I hope you and your husband and everyone here has a very good Thanksgiving.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Thank you & Hope you & Sweet Ava & Henry have a wonderful Thanksgiving together.  Blessings to you,

Our weather is a complete heavy rain day.  My kitty Ginger is in her tower watching it all, just mesmerized.  Oops, she's already napping, well, she was mesmerized .. Cat Wink

To All Here:  Happy Thanksgiving & have a Blessed day.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thanksgiving Day report:   We hope you, your furry ones and your families have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Frankie's lumps seem slightly more prominent and crusty. We're definitely taking her to her #1 vet tomorrow. He can read tea leaves that stump everyone else and he knows her like the back of his hand. Our emotions are tumbled, as you might expect.

In the meantime, I thought you'd enjoy this photo of Frankie cuddled with DH. Note her sprawling and the outline of the puma on his Puma sweatpants.

She is our fierce, loving, joyous puma--always:

Frankie puma sweatpants SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

You know something, @Sammycat1 ?  I have been wracking my brains as to what these suddenly appearing, pinkish/reddish lumps might be, because something very similar shows up on doggie extremeties, usually in young adults just out of puppyhood.  They look awful, appear suddenly, and cause terror, and I've had several Scotties get them, usually on a toe, a leg, or ear.  Off to the vet and they always turn out to be something called a benign histiocytoma.  If that is what Frankie has, then the simple act of needle biopsy has already started the regression process.  They always disappear on their own in a short time, but "disturbing" them kicks the immune system into attacking them and getting rid of them.  I am so sorry it took me so long to remember the name, it's been years since I had a young dog get a benign histiocytoma!  You might "google" the term to see if the pictures look like what Frankie has.

Trusted Contributor

Wishing all the Schmoo Family a very happy Thanksgiving. 

Saying prayers for Frankie. 🙏🏻 

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne 

This so cute! I just love it. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. We are postponing ours. There are just too many cases in my area right now, 🧡🤎💛