Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Right now...this evening...Bill the cat and his mom (me) are in a battle of 'who's going to give in first'.

What's that you say?  You think there's no such thing with a cat?  Heh! Heh!

You must not be the parent of a cat!  It's often a war of patience, etc when it comes to being a cat mom or dad.

OK, so Bill has decided he doesn't like eating his prescription cat food (Chewy finally got some in so my daughter before she went back to Denver ordered 4 cases for me).

Anyway, Bill only wants to eat the food when it's a brand new opened can.  You have no idea how many cans I've thrown out after one small serving!  

I just gave him some for dinner and he turned up his nose and walked away.

Me (being me) picked him up and gently set him back down in front of it.  Bill...(being Bill) kindly walked away again.  Humph!  

The problem I have is that Bill's sister Katie the cat gets to eat Sheba (those packages that divides up into two servings).

Well Bill the cat absolutely loves Katie's Sheba.  The probllem is his pancreas doesn't like Sheba and causes it to be inflamed!

Then Bill's mom (me) has to mix up his Amoxicillan and start him on it.  It's the same thing I believe that famous cat (Grumpy) died from.  I don't understand why his mom and dad didn't catch it with him.

I know the minute Bill's pancreas is acting up.  In fact I keep the amoxicillin here and mix it when he starts snaufing.  The vet kept saying, "You mean he sneezes".  I said, "No snaufing".  It's a weird kinda coughing and sneezing sound.

I finally recorded Bill doing his snaufing and the Vet (whom I've known for at least 20 years) said, "Yep!  I'd say that is a snauf".  Ha!

About 2 months ago he was in for his yearly shots and visit.  The Vet always runs full toxicity on his blood.  I know more about Bill's blood than I do on mine.

So, the Vet called the next morning (always the next morning).  It takes me week(s) to get my blood results.

Anyway, the Vet called and said his 'numbers' that tells about his pancreas (forget what it's called) was up two points.  Not bad but keep an eye on him.

So.....your friend (Annabelle) and Bill and Katie's mom (me) has to run over to pick up the plate after Katie the cat walks away and leaves a tiny morsel in the plate.  She's a light eater.  She feels (I think) like a feather.  I've never been able to pick her up.  I have to trick her to get her to the Vet's.

I've almost taken a header off of the steps (again) running to pick up the plate after Katie walks away.  I've tripped and landed on my face getting that plate before Bill the cat flies over to it.

She just leaves a tiny bit, but  I don't want to take chances.

So, here we are....He's giving me the 'stink eye' because I won't open a new can and I've drawn a line  (in the kitchen silly, there's no sand in my house) to say, "I'm not opening a new can when there is a 1/2 full one on the plate.

Stay tuned.  The night is still young and it's only 6:00PM here in Va.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Greetings this wildly windy, rainy day courtesy of Zeta. We hope those in the eye of this storm are hunkered down and safe.

I'm glad the Schmoo snippet continued to give everyone a chuckle. Anyone who has a PhD in kitty litter box issues knows it's complex territory. @geezerette  I enjoyed your story. @Annabellethecat66  I've never met the cat who likes food once it goes into the fridge.

Frankie is a bit better today and she slept most of last night with me rather than on the floor--DH moved off to our guest bedroom because his neck was killing him. This weather is an arthritis killer. DH and I kidded that all three of us need a family-sized heating pad to get through it.

Her vet is mulling his plan of action. Did you know that some cats (and dogs) cannot eat canned food?  There's something in the can itself.  So he's working the problem and will get back to us after his long day of surgery today.

In the meantime, around 4 a.m. I got the photo below.  Forgive the angle and lack of brightness. I was laying down with the iPad trying to be very quiet, because the minute that cover snaps open, she's at full attention. Note her Yeowww! Catnip banana in the foreground.

This is the kind of comfy kittydom we yearn for:

Frankie snoozing with Mommy SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

What a relaxed, restful Frankie. ❤️

@Annabellethecat66 

I used to put my cat's food in the microwave to knock the chill off. A vet tech told me to do that. She said it would enhance the flavor but I don't know about that.

I took Sugar to my Dr appointment today. It was a curbside B12 shot. Here she is:

3681F6AD-D31C-4E52-81E0-0BD20F8056DE.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Here she is in her car seat. I have to install it right. Just testing itout. 9F632697-202F-47C7-99D4-C3F2AE4F4ABA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis @That is very cute.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1  & Family,

I hope sunshine is on it's way to you.  Sounds like this is what you need, except I don't think it will be warm for awhile now.  I know arthritis can be dreadful.  May you all be in your comfort zone soon.

Zeta hasn't been kind to us either in W. MA.  We've had 2 days of rain, esp. today it was non-stop.  DH was on our roof this morning cleaning the gutters.  Our 2 huge maple trees in the front yard aren't even half empty yet.  So, I expect he'll need to get up there again a few more times. 

Sweet Frankie:   you look so comfy in your photo today.  Sound asleep, cozying up near your Mom.  Stay well Sweet Little Angel Girl.  My 2 girls & I wish you pleasant & calm dreams tonight.  Heart

Respected Contributor

@newtoallthis 

Thanks for sharing more Sugar photos.  She's so darn adorable!  So glad you have each other again.  Enjoy your time together.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo cool.jpg

Friday Morning Greetings

Wishing @Sammycat1,DH,Kitty Sitter

and all of my dear Schmoo sisters a

pleasant and peaceful day and that it

marks the beginning of a pleasant and

peaceful week-end.

Sending out more healing prayers and

positive energy to those of you and/or

to the members of your families who

are in need.

Sending out more healing prayers and

positive energy to sweet Frankie and

to all of the other precious furbabies

who are in need.

@Annabellethecat66 

Love your Bill the cat anecdotes.

Keep 'em coming!Cat LOL

Have also been dealing with the lovely

remnants of Zeta since yesterday.I live

in the Lower Hudson River Valley in

NYS...25 miles NW of NYC.According

to the weather peeps this mess is

supposed to blow out of here by noon

but I'll believe when I see it!

(((((GROUP HUG)))))

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Greetings to all in the land of Schmoo!

@beastielove  Zeta left us early this morning so I'm guessing she's about ready to run out of steam your way, too.

@newtoallthis  Love Sugar's Halloween costume!

It seems our Frankie girl has a cold--but that's not what's troubling her at the moment.  DH decided to compress the tunnel she and Fay Wray used to run through so we have a little more floor space. She hasn't been in it for more than a year, and before that, it was her "I'm hiding because I'm sick spot." But now she has a new one of those.

Well, don't you know it, she traipsed downstairs and she knew immediately that something was different--and strolled right up to the compressed tunnel, above and to the right of her head and the step stool in the photo below.

Miffed, she settled near her arch--but she aimed her dagger eyes at DH to signal her displeasure:

Frankie comfy Oct 29 2020 SZD.jpg 

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis   I just love seeing Sugar's pictures!  Please keep posting them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau