Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:   Greetings to all!

@sceniccoast  Thanks for your kind words about our dear Sophie. We miss our quirky, loving, special girlsomething fierce.  She had the habit of suddenly attacking furniture by whapping at with all her might.  Those torties are stinkers!

@rustysmom  My heart hurts for you and the memory of your cherished Jasmine. These anniversaries are so hard. I'm guessing that Jasmine, though--having been so loved and forever being loved--would want you to remember her with joy every day. Please share with us a story of what made your girl the tops! Heart

@Tissyanne  We have no snow at all up here in PA.  Yesterday it was pushing 70 degrees. I think we're supposed to have your weather, and you, ours.  What the heck!

@Tissyanne  My ankle has end stage/traumatic arthritis.  I learned of my surgical options yesterday--very complex, would have to be done at this academic medical center where I had the appointment. A triple fusion of foot bones then on top of that, a total ankle replacement.  However, ankle replacements only last about 10 years and my surgeon would prefer to wait until I'm a little older (for once, I'm too young for something, ha ha!). 

He also told me of a special carbon-fiber brace developed originally for our permanently wounded veterans but now available to regular citizens, too.  This would help me do walk so much while I wait for the surgery.  Very cool!

And I need something to keep up with Frankie, whose nickname is Princess Ubu Fantastika (Fay Wray's was Princess Ubu, Queen of Hearts).  My girl is a handful, and I wouldn't have it any other way:

Frankie in window resized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

20180417_144948_resized.jpg

Please pray for Frito. Rushing him to his vet, not sure what's wrong. He's in severe pain. It's scary. I'll let you know more after awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat  sending prayers immediately for your beloved Frito. We're with you!  Please update is as you're able.

Trusted Contributor

Taking Frito into surgery. He has an abscess sitting on the base of his spine. Doctor F explained there are several sensitive nerves there, which is the reason for his pain. She will clean it out, dose him up with high pain meds, give him antibiotics. Now I wait while all this is being done. Thank you for your prayers.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

Taking Frito into surgery. He has an abscess sitting on the base of his spine. Doctor F explained there are several sensitive nerves there, which is the reason for his pain. She will clean it out, dose him up with high pain meds, give him antibiotics. Now I wait while all this is being done. Thank you for your prayers.

@KitTkat 

Oh no!  Thank goodness you acted so quickly! Poor baby. Do they know how this could have happened?

No matter:  He's got a great doctor caring for him and a first-rate, loving Cat Mom at the ready to help him recuperate. I know I can speak for everyone in the Schmoo Family that our prayers continue for your treasured, handsome Frito.  Please keep us updated on his progress!

Hang tough, Frito!  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Schmoosters, if you haven't already seen KitTKat's post about her beloved Frito cat, please do.  He was in extreme pain and she rushed him to the vet, where they are performing surgery on an abscess at the base of his spine.

@Tissyanne @rustysmom @Shop Till you Drop @newtoallthis @grandkidsrgreat @slh @sceniccoast 

Please add your prayers for a positive outcome to the mix!

Trusted Contributor

Praying for this beloved cat, Frito!
Will watch for updates! 😻🙏🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

@KitTkat wrote:

@KitTkat , 

I am praying for your Frito kitty, and you, as he undergoes surgery. 

I hope both of you will be able to return home soon. 

Let us know as you can. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1  thank You! The doctor found a single puncture at the base of his tail, don't know what caused it. Usually a bite would have two marks.

Thank you @Tissyanne  and @newtoallthis  for your prayers and well wishes. I'll update when he's out of surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

@KitTkat  holy smoke, a single puncture? Any word on Frito yet?