Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Shop, I am so glad to hear that you are all looking forward to the Halloween festivities this evening! 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you CamilleP, We are trying to keep traditions alive that we have done for so many years the best we can.  Mom tries so hard to live in each moment that she can.  Her fight is amazing! Cancer hates Warriors and she is living proof...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Monday report:  An uplifting post today for all in the Schmoo Family.

Frankie is holding her own and enjoying the fall sunshine.

And, introducing two new boy kitties who had the great good fortune of becoming long-term fosters in the home of the Kitty Sitter.  They've been languishing in the shelter where she volunteers.  Both are rough around the edges, but aren't we all until love steps in?

Pooh Bear, the first kitty featured below, has eye problems that compromise his vision plus chronic sneezing.  Eskimo has the sneezing too and generally poor health. His fur is ratty because he's given up grooming.

They've been overlooked because of their afflictions and shy personalities, dead to any hope that someday, someone would love them forever.  Not anymore:

Pooh Bear, photos 1 & 2:

Pooh Bear 1 sized.jpg

Pooh Bear 2 sized.jpg

Eskimo, photos 3 & 4

Eskimo 1 sized.jpg

Eskimo 2 sized.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am so happy to hear that Frankie is doing well, that autumn sunshine is comforting and healing stuff!  And I am thrilled to see that Kitty Sitter has found two sweet kitty boys who need and will thrive in her love, welcome to Pooh Bear and Eskimo!

Valued Contributor

Great news about Frankie.  So happy she is getting back to her old self.  Kittysitters 2 new rescues look like they are fitting right in, they look so relaxed and like they have always been there.  So happy for her and for them.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Thank you for all of the wonderful updates!  

Sweet Frankie:  I'll bet you have a cute kitty smile on your face today.  You must feel like a brand new kitty .. and, it's so long overdue for you.  You deserve a metal for fighting all of the health battles thrown your way.

Prayers do work wonders and I'm so happy for you.  May your smiles continue for a very long time .. and keep enjoying the sunshine while watching all the outside birds & other critters wandering about.

.. and just think!  2 new kitties are lucky to find a loving home with your Kitty Sitter.  I'm sure that makes you feel even better.  They also need much love and attention.

Frankie, wishing you the best week in a long time and will continue to keep you in my prayers.  So thankful that you have the Mom & Dad you do.  They've been working wonders for you.    Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

so very glad to hear that Frankie is doing well. She is "one tough kitty fighter"! 😻

I am beyond thrilled that Kitty Sitter has opened her home and her heart to these boys! They will thrive with her love and attention! 

Trusted Contributor

Sammy, what wonderful news!  So happy sweet Fankie is doing well.  Kitty Sitter's house is going to be beaming from the roof top with all the love that will be given to her two new loves.  What a special time for them to find the true meaning of love and the best of care.  Blessing to all..Hugs Dear Friends, have  the best week possible.

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoo family, 

Reading that Frankie is thriving made my evening @Sammycat1 

Welcome to your new lives Eskimo and Pooh Bear

Please tell Kitty Sitter that these two boys are very thankful for the opportunity to experience a home, and love. 

Love to you each, and everyone. 

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  

Frankie thanks you for your good wishes.  Her fur looks a little spiky and I fear kidney issues, but we'll see when she has her first checkup in 3 weeks this Saturday. She's napping now after a morning of serious literary supervision while listening to classic piano. 

Let us know when you're able how your fur and human family are doing.  Those in touch with Beauty Junkie also let her know we're always thinking of her--and clue her in about the Kitty Sitter's new boy kitties.  She will get a kick out of them.

The latest on their front:  Although he follows her everywhere, Eskimo doesn't want to use the litter box.  He's decided the living room carpet is for him. 

She's going through the usual steps to figure out what's amiss--and it will be resolved.  I reminded her that mature kitties (they are 6 and 8 years old) in shelters have a rough transition to a new home. Even though it's a better environment, they're still shell shocked with yet another move.

Patience and love do the trick.  Frankie refused to come out from underneath the sofa for a week.  She ate her meals there, slept there, spent her days there and only emerged at night to use her litter box.

Soon, though, she began to trust us and realize we'd love her forever. It took many baby paw steps--but she never went under the sofa again:

P1010161.JPG