Valued Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Monday report:  Hi, Schmoosters!  Before I give you an update, please give me an update on you and yours, now that I'm able to focus better.

We have our hands full with our slowly recovering Frankie, plus my bad back decided to flare up this past weekend.  Nonetheless, she demands I update you.

Her recovery is just that--slow.  Part of it has to do with food intolerances. Part, diabetes created by the pancreatitis and liver inflammation.  Part, her different medicaton regimen. Part, that she still has arthritis that can look like low-potassium-induced instability on her feet or dehydration.

Good thing Schmoo taught us what's what in the kitty medical arts.  If he didn't, I wouldn't be able to share the photo below with you today, because there would not be a kitty still alive to photograph.  Here she is sleeping in the "head upside down" position for the first time since she fell ill a few weeks ago:

Frankie 9 21 2019 no 3 sized.jpg

So glad she is getting better.  She is so so beautiful.  Love the head upside down pose.  Chloe sleeps like that all the time but usually her feet are up in the air too.  She is such a character.  Glad you and hubby are also doing better.  I don't post a lot but I do follow your posts and love when things are going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:   Frankie's going to get a big head with all of the compliments you've sent her way!  Thanks for your kind words about our beautiful girl.

She's doing pretty well today too. The patches on her neck and her legs where they had to shave to take blood are starting to grow back.  And our new thing is to spend more time in her desktop bed.  She's pretty easy going, but she hit the wall when I was playing "Calming Songbirds" on the Amazon Echo.

She likes songbirds but, as you can see from his photo, she doesn't like them at too high a volume:

Frankie 9 24 head on sized.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 @Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop @beastielove 

urgent prayer request. My Tessa is missing. I’m having major renovations at my house. We stay in the other part. After the contractors left today I let Tessa and Tripp out for the run of the house. I did not notice they’d left a window open. After they ate their supper I noticed it was awfully quiet. I went through and saw the open window. It opens to a deck, very low. I’ve been looking for her over four hours.

please pray for her safe return. She’s my baby girl I love her so. She’s never been outside except on her harness and leash.

Tripp came back when I called him.

i am so worried.

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis wrote:

@Sammycat1 @Tissyanne @Shop Till you Drop @beastielove 

urgent prayer request. My Tessa is missing. I’m having major renovations at my house. We stay in the other part. After the contractors left today I let Tessa and Tripp out for the run of the house. I did not notice they’d left a window open. After they ate their supper I noticed it was awfully quiet. I went through and saw the open window. It opens to a deck, very low. I’ve been looking for her over four hours.

please pray for her safe return. She’s my baby girl I love her so. She’s never been outside except on her harness and leash.

Tripp came back when I called him.

i am so worried.

@newtoallthis , 

Oh, this is very upsetting. I will pray for her safe return. 

Please let us know. 

Esteemed Contributor

@newtoallthis 

Prayers said immediately for your beloved Tessa. Keep calling for her and get some signs up in your neighborhood. Maybe she's stressed out from the renovation and burrowed somewhere.

Try heating some of her favorite food and walking about the house with it.  Once I had a cat get stuck in a return vent. I lured her out with bacon!

We know how much you love her and she loves you. Keep calling her, outside and in, and keep us posted.

Sweet Tessa, your Momma is worried sick--come out wherever you are! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

she’s  definitely somewhere outside. I have been keeping her and Tripp in a bedroom during the day while the workers are here. The work has been going on since August 1st. The have gotten used to it and have their safe space.  They’ve been content but love to get out and,check out the new work! That’s why I didn’t miss her for so long. I’m in the edge of the woods. A few cats over on the next street. She’s probably hid. Maybe scared. I’ve called and called, shook her treats and no sign. 

I even let Tripp go back out to see if she’d follow him back. She didn’t.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 @Tissyanne 

I think I have her....or someone's gray cat. I thought I saw her dart by the door, so I opened it and stood back in the house shaking the treats and eating her name. Nothing. I went back out and saw a big black and white cat doing the yowling, fighting noises, I ran him off and Tessa ran by me. He was fighting her or trying to.  I had the French doors wide open so she could dart in. She ran right past them. She jumped on the deck rail and she had pooped all over herself. I kept saying her name and calling her my baby girl. I can say "where's my baby girl" and she will come running. I could not calm her down. She was howling and hissing every time I'd speak. I came in and got a towel and got her. She was fighting me tooth and toenail. I wiped what I could and she ran off.

she came to our bedroom and ran under the bed, when I came in she ran out like I was going to hurt her. I'm going to leave her alone and let her de stress and calm herself. She was so wild looking outside I backed off and thought is this Tessa? Tripp just sat and looked at her. I thought if this wasn't her he'd be trying to chase it,
my poor baby girl I just want to hold her and tell her she's safe. 
thank you for your prayers. Please pray that she's not hurt in any way. I saw a few broken nails. My poor baby.

Thank you ladies. I know I can always run here for help. 
I'll update you tomorrow. 

Trusted Contributor

if you have any suggestions I'm open to all help and suggestions.

she must've been so afraid for her bowels to loosen...

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , 

I am so very sad that this has happened. I will be praying for the three of you, and hopefully she will calm. 

I think just leave her alone overnight. She must be terribly afraid. 

Trusted Contributor

Tessa is under my bed. She will not come out. She growls when I get down and talk to her...