Regular Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Sammycat - wondering if you ever wrote the Schmoo book - 

Hoping you and all furbabies here are well and sending warm thoughts and prayers to all. 

I am without any furbabies myself right now as I had to say good bye to my Chrissy in Dec and my heart just can't think of any more loss for awhile.  From 2013 when my parents and their dog and cat moved in with me I lost their pug Dutch, then my dad, then my mom, then my Kona, then their kitty Sam (aka Sam the Man) and finally my Chrissy.  Maybe someday I'll be ready for another - God will let me know.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1Mr. @Sammycat1 , Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie,

Blessings to all of you.  

I'm very glad you had a wonderful vacation.  That strawberry lemonade sounds delicious, esp. on a hot & humid day when you need that thirst quencher.  I'll bet you had wonderful views of both lakes.

@Sammycat1I guess you're selected to be the care keeper of your family on your own.  That inner strength in you will pull you thru these demanding days - just please find some time for some needed R & R.  Be kind to yourself also.  

I'm sad to learn your DH, Fay Wray & Frankie aren't doing well.  As usual, I'm keeping & feeling positive for everyones' improving health.  Prayers to all of you & I truly hope your home will be full of smiles soon.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:

@slh-- so good to see you posting with us again!  My heart was heavy at reading your many, many losses.  You are one strong woman and we miss you.  Yes, I am still working on Schmoo's book under the guidance of agents.  I lost some time due to health concerns last year but I'm back in the saddle. Heart

@ScenicMaine @lynne6was7  thank you for your most recent soothing words. They mean so much. Heart

Friends, I have to let you know something I've been holding back a bit given so many challenges in the Schmoo family. DH recently had some bad bloodwork results, as well as an abnormal stress test and doppler for his legs.  Once he gets over this bronchitis he's battling, he'll have a heart catheterization to search/repair blockages in the heart arteries, plus seal off veins in his lower legs that are no longer working.

We're in the hands of an excellent cardiologist and feel blessed that this was caught before a potential tragedy.  DH laughs that now he's on the same medicine as the Schmooster and Fay Wray, and that I'm getting good as an unofficial cardiac nurse.

Frankie and Fay Wray are on it, though, as in the photos below.  Frankie is applying healing paws directly to DH's legs, and Fay Wray has decided to pin his slippers down, as if to say, "You're not going anywhere, Bub, not on my watch!":

Frankie healing paws.jpg

Fay Wray nesting Daddy's slippers.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm glad your DH has an excellent cardiologist.  I truly wish him the best of luck with the healing process.  

Geez, you both have so much on your plate.  But, you're a strong family that loves & supports each other.  (Fay Wray & Frankie also, according to the pics you posted  Cat Wink)  They both have your backs!  It's their way of thanking you both for your patience, love & constant care.  Heart

All of you will continue to be in my prayers.  Take care,

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, I am so sorry your DH is facing such a scary challenge, I will keep not only you, he and the girls in my prayers, but also his cardiology team!

Trusted Contributor

Sammy,  I am so happy if something had to be found with your DH that is was caught early, and you have found a great team of Dr's.  Those girls work well together to make sure everything is as it should be.  I am glad you shared  this with us, many more prayers will now be lifted for a full recovery.  Have the best day possible.

Hugs Dear Friends..

Valued Contributor

Prayers for DH.  Glad he has you taking such good care of him.

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Wednesday report:

@slh-- so good to see you posting with us again!  My heart was heavy at reading your many, many losses.  You are one strong woman and we miss you.  Yes, I am still working on Schmoo's book under the guidance of agents.  I lost some time due to health concerns last year but I'm back in the saddle. Heart

@ScenicMaine @lynne6was7  thank you for your most recent soothing words. They mean so much. Heart

Friends, I have to let you know something I've been holding back a bit given so many challenges in the Schmoo family. DH recently had some bad bloodwork results, as well as an abnormal stress test and doppler for his legs.  Once he gets over this bronchitis he's battling, he'll have a heart catheterization to search/repair blockages in the heart arteries, plus seal off veins in his lower legs that are no longer working.

We're in the hands of an excellent cardiologist and feel blessed that this was caught before a potential tragedy.  DH laughs that now he's on the same medicine as the Schmooster and Fay Wray, and that I'm getting good as an unofficial cardiac nurse.

Frankie and Fay Wray are on it, though, as in the photos below.  Frankie is applying healing paws directly to DH's legs, and Fay Wray has decided to pin his slippers down, as if to say, "You're not going anywhere, Bub, not on my watch!":

Frankie healing paws.jpg

Fay Wray nesting Daddy's slippers.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Sammy,  I am so happy if something had to be found with your DH that is was caught early, and you have found a great team of Dr's.  Those girls work well together to make sure everything is as it should be.  I am glad you shared  this with us, many more prayers will now be lifted for a full recovery.  Have the best day possible.

Hugs Dear Friends..

@Sammycat1 , @Shop Till you Drop 

I echo Shop's words here. My prayers are with you all. 

Honored Contributor

@newtoallthis , 

I hope you, and Tessa, Tripp are well. I have had you on my heart, and hope to hear from you. 

All of your prayers, and good wishes for me mean so much. I have felt better the last couple of days. 

Cat Happy

Heart

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , Mr. Sammycat, Frankie, Fay Wray Heart

4815af0b596de6620ec9f2e165066c0e.jpg