Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1 , 

I hope your trip was enjoyable, and that the homefront is okay. I have been wondering about you all. 

My appt. went well. He was friendly, and very thorough. He talked a lot about the hiatal hernia, and GERD. 

I am not experiencing any typical heartburn. However, he put a tube with a camera on it in my nose, and was able to view my throat. He was surprised, and said it is the worst case of GERD he has seen. He had me look at the screen, and showed me how inflamed my throat is. He said no wonder you have problems swallowing, 

He doubled my medication. 

I feel certain with both this, and the endoscopy that I know what is going on, amd that makes me feel better. I was driving myself crazy wondering. 

Thank you for your concern, and prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

Sweet  Tissy,  I pray your appointment goes well.  I will be thinking of you today.

@Shop Till you Drop , 

@newtoallthis 

@beauty junkie 

I have replied about my appt to Sammycat here on this thread. 

Thank you for your concern, and prayers. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne 

Fantastic news--I'm grateful that you saw someone who got to the bottom of things! I hope you sleep more easily tonight knowing this problem is in hand. Heart

Valued Contributor

@Tissyanne, I have GERD, although not nearly as severe symptoms as you.  However, I thought I'd share a couple things that have helped me.  GERD is triggered by stress.  Then, once it flares, foods aggravate it.  Therefore, I do deep belly breathing exercises each evening before I go to sleep.  You can find a lot of helpful videos on YouTube.  Also, I eat five times per day between 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.  I eat my largest meal mid-day.  My supper is a smoothie, which is very calming to my digestive system.  Then, I don't eat anything after 6:00 p.m.  My acid reflux is gone without meds, and I sleep so much better.  Here is my smoothie recipe:

Blend 1 c unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla), 1 small banana, 1/2 t cinnamon, and a handful of greens (kale, spinach, or power greens mix that I store in the freezer) until smooth.  Add 1/2 c frozen fruit (I prefer mango chunks but use what you like) and pulse with the ice crush feature on the blender until the consistency of a milkshake.

Hope this helps you.

Valued Contributor

@Sammycat1, glad to hear you're home.  I hope you had an enjoyable and relaxing trip.  I also hope all is well with the girls and their Kitty Sitter.  Look forward to an update when your schedule permits.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone .I have not been to well since I had the shots for my back but doing a little better now.

Tissyanne so hope you start to feel better. I had the same test and the Dr said the same thign to me,I even had an ulceration on my larnyx from the reflux.Besides my medication I drink pure aloe vera juice. Its from the inner leaf and I mix an ounce with a little juice twice a day. Its been remarkable.The Dr said its helping to heal so to stay on it.Now my BIL is on it too with remarkable results. It has such healing properties. I still have to stay on the medication though.

Sammycat how are things going with your vacation and at home with the girls and Kitty SItter?  Keeping al of you in my prayers.

Shop you and Mom are always in my prayers too.

Sammycat I need some more pictures of Mr Schmoo when you get home. Things have been getting to me and I need to see that face and remember how he was one tough cookie and kicked a**

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

@beauty junkie , 

Until @Sammycat1  can get you more pictures of Mr. Schmoo. For you. 

original-8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 , 

Thank you for the information. I did not know that stress is a contributor. I tend to eat my largest meal at night, and have changed that. My husband prefers working afternoon, and into the late evening. I have developed some poor eating habits from that, and now eat before he comes home. 

Your smoothie sounds very good. I will try it, and let you know what I think. 

My main issue with this is the swallowing problems. 

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!  The House of Schmoo is depressed today, as the Kitty Sitter went back home. In addition to a nice trip (made possible by the Kitty Sitter and the two vet techs we hired to help her care for Frankie and Fay Wray), we had a good visit with her before and after our journey.  All the while she was here, she also coordinated an army of 80 volunteers to help the cats in her shelter back home.  Details on our trip to come.

DH has a bad cold that's inflamed his throat horribly.  Fay Wray and Frankie are in the best shape of anyone!

For now, and by request of @beauty junkie , a collage of Schmoo photos showing him kicking butt and taking names, the eternal Sheriff of Prairie Justice--capped by a photo of him bathed in radiance, looking up toward a Heaven he soon would inhabit.   He's with you, Beauty, always:

Schmoo catnip creature.jpg

Schmoo back on attack.jpg

Schmoo why we love cats.jpg

Schmoo vigor.jpg

Schmoo fight.jpg

Schmoo its why kitties fight.jpg

Schmoo Heaven.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Welcome Back @Sammycat1 - hoping you had a pleasant trip (with no stress involved).  I'm sorry Mr. @Sammycat1 isn't feeling well.  I hope he's back to himself soon.

Well, wasn't the Mr. Schmooster MR. PERSONALITY!  Thank you for posting all of those precious pics of him.  I can see why you created this thread in his honor.  It's obvious with all of your tributes to him & your "photo studio" of Mr. Schmoo, that you have wonderful memories & to this day, a heart full of love for him.  

Sweet Fay Wray & Sweet Frankie:  I'm so glad you behaved well & it's your turn to take care of your Mom & Dad.  Show them the love you have in your little hearts & make them feel "welcomed back."    So thankful you're both doing well.  Heart