Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

Friday Evening Greetings

Sammycat... I love the photo of your handsome,steadfast, and furry editor that you included in your Thursday report.

I'm so looking forward to finally obtaining my copy of Schmoo Tales and reading it. I guarantee that it'll be #1 on the NY Times Best Sellers list!!! :-)

Sending out more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and the fabulous Clan a peaceful night.

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

Just touching base with the Clan of Schmoo, Sammycat, to let you know the Q's messing up the forums hasn't chased me away from my favorite forum of all, the Pet Lover's!  I will keep on reading your daily posts, and praying for all my fellow posters and their furry family members whenever they need those prayers.  I may not post often, but I will always read, offer help when I can, and keep those prayers coming.  Your post of all the binders of the old forum posts is inspiring, Sammycat, as is your daily photo of your handsome and beloved Kitty Warrior, he is a golden hero to us all!

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Happy Friday, all!  Thanks for your encouragement on the "Schmoo Tales" book, Beastielove. You'll have to wait a good while yet to read it, but it's coming, slow but sure...it's been an emotional rollercoaster in the writing and I've got a tough angel editor who's keeping me real as I write his life story. 

As we head into the weekend, our hearts go out to longtime poster Doxie, who lost her beloved Schatzie just the other day.  Today's post is dedicated to her pup, who gave--and received--great joy for many years in the house of Doxie. 

I thought of Doxie and Schatzie when I came across a quote by the French writer Colette today.  It explains to others who don't understand how our pets make our hearts and lives fuller, how they make everything from the largest events to the smallest daily moments rich and vibrant for us, how their connection to us runs deep and true, how we can't imagine a time before them and don't really want to try.

"Our perfect companions," Colette wrote, "never have fewer than four feet."  Amen:

Schmoo four feet.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Can't wait to read the Schmoo book too.How ever long it takes it will be worth the wait.

I am so sorry about Doxie's loss of Schatzie. Its always a sad time here when one of us loses our furry friend.

Shop I agree with everything you said,you said it so eloquently too. 

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

I am saddened to read that Doxie is experiencing the loss of her beloved Sçhatzie. This is one of life's most hurtful times, as we know. 

I hope the weekend will be relaxing for all, and Sammycat, keep working on Mr. Schmoo's book. We are looking forward to reading it. 

Honored Contributor

Sunday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... I don't care how long I have to wait until I can get my paws on your book...I know that it'll be well worth it! :-)

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and the Clan a very peaceful and blessed day. :-)

-------------------------------------------

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the dedication. I think that perfect companions have four feet too. Even though I am still raw with pain from my loss of Schatzie, I am so grateful that I had her in my life. Each pet I have had and lost has made me a better person. Maybe one day I will be as good as my pets. Each day is a new opportunity to be the person we want to be. Thanks again for the kind thoughts and prayers.

doxie

Honored Contributor

Sending out concern. No Saturday report from Sammycat and Mr. Schmoo. I hope you are okay, but I know something is amiss. 😦

Honored Contributor

Tissyanne...

You're right. In all of the years that Sammycat has been posting on her beloved Schmmo threads on this board...(the two originals as well as this one) she has never missed making her daily report.

Sammycat...

Hoping and praying that all is well with you and DH.

--------------------------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunday report:   A shout-out to CamilleP:  glad to know you're still reading and with us!

Greetings, all -- and sorry to cause concern among the ranks of the Schmoo Family.  Last night, we were under siege by some severe thunderstorms complete with lightning that refused to let up.  Power was flickering off and on throughout the evening, and DH said it would not be safe to get on the computer. (Years ago our home was hit by lightning, and in our home office where the bolt struck, the computers literally shattered!) The storms would not die down, so I heeded his protective advice and eventually gave up and went to bed.

Fitting that this is the reason for my delay, because today's post is dedicated to the fathers out there -- fathers of furry and human kids alike. They're the broad shoulders and strong arms that keep us safe, but they're so much more...

...As in the photos below.  They're someone to look up to....someone to provide that certain touch of comfort...and someone who has your back, no matter what.  I'm sure there are at least three furry residents of Heaven who hold those truths in their heart forever:

Schmoo Fathers Day 2015.jpg

Schmoo Fathers Day 2015 2.jpg

Schmoo Father's Day 2015 3.jpg