Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1
If looks could kill! It looks like she’s saying “What Now”? So thankful she’s better and she will continue to stay in my prayers daily. 💗🙏🏻💗
Honored Contributor

Sweet sweet kitty. 

Frankie TV stand May 2023 SZD.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters--I hope all is well with you, your families and friends, and your furry ones.

While taking a brief work break, DH took a picture of Frankie snoozing (I was out working on the battlefield yesterday).

She's sending a message--"Talk to the paw--I'm busy sleeping:"

Frankie beautiful toes May 2023 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 , DH

Such an adorable photo/paw of your Sweet Frankie.  (Course, she's never taken a bad photo has she? Cat Wink) My kids aren't napping, well, Annie I think went to her bedroom to nap & Sonny's nosing around the sunroom on top of everything, etc.  He's a very busy boy!  Well, Annie just returned here.  They're both looking for critters at the sliders! Beautiful sun & breeze here today.

I hope your family enjoys a sun-filled weekend and all stays well.

Sweet Frankie:  I hope you're enjoying a "feel-good" day today.  I'm sending you Blessings, hugs & wishes for you to stay well as best you can.  Heart

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters.

Frankie continues to feel reasonably well (knock on wood!)--thanks to your prayers and her Most Excellent Vet. She has occasional nausea but we have meds to treat that.

I told her she has to put on her candystriper outfit again because I have to have a molar pulled today (old root canal that developed an infection). It's got to go; with two artificial joints and a third on the way, the endodontist said it's no longer worth the risk of repair.

So I will be out of commission for a couple of days and I need my girl to be at the helm.

She's up to it, especially after a lovely evening looking at the new hibiscus in her garden, her St. Francis water fountain and the kestrels coming in for a landing there:

Frankie flowers May 22 2023 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

Best wishes on your tooth recovery.  I know this type of procedure isn't pleasant.  I'm sure Sweet Frankie will be ready & willing to serve & wait on you in your times of need.  Cat Very Happy  She will be the "doting" cat-mama.  

Sweet Frankie:  Your loving Mom will appreciate some hugs & licks from you for the next few days.  I'm glad you're still holding your own and now, you have your beautiful garden to enjoy and watch your critter friends.  I pray you continue on this wellness path.  Tonight, I wish you loads of love, peace & calmness.  Heart

Respected Contributor

Oh @Sammycat1 ... painless dentistry is a fictional concept ... hope yesterday went well so take care of YOU, and little Frankie!

prayingKitty2.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 , Such good news that our Frankie ladybug is holding her own. 

I will be praying that all goes well with your tooth removal, and Miss Frankie will be watching over you, telling you , "We can do hard things." 

Blessings to the three of you. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:  Good afternoon, Schmoosters.

My tooth did not want to go late yesterday afternoon. It was supposed to take 30 minutes, including numbing. The dentist--a young, strong man--had to wrestle with it for two hours. He actually had to have the nurse wipe the sweat from his forehead.

Of course, that meant that I have some significant pain and swelling, and a few days off as I have to be able to talk for 4 hours at a stretch.

But I also had the most wondrous of personal nurses:  a kitty who reclined on a splendent towel somewhat worthy of her beauty.

She always keeps me going, my elegant, beautiful girl:

Frankie elegant SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   I am so sorry your dentist had such trouble removing your molar, those suckers are often very firmly anchored, with four roots, and getting them out is always a chore, but two hours is extreme for sure!  I am so glad Frankie was there to comfort you when you got home, the warmth and love of a kitty is the best balm for pain and worry, both.  Saying prayers for a quick recovery for you, and peace and comfort for sweet Frankie!