Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@seaBreeze

Continued prayers for you & your Precious Bo.  Also, sending Blessings to your Mom.  The Angels are so busy looking over our beloved pets, past & present.  I'm sending you hugs across the miles.  Heart

@Tissyanne 

You always offer such gentle words of comfort when needed.  Your post is beautiful & @seaBreeze certainly needs them.

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 , DH

Your post has the best news for your Angel Frankie for a while now.  I was so hoping her health would improve.  Thank you God & MEV.  I'll continue praying for you all that each day improves for the three of you.  Heart

Sweet Frankie:  I hope your health continues each day.  I'm sure the  sun will be back soon, so exciting times are ahead for you to engage in all of your outside activities, watching & cackling with your critter friends.  Something for you to look forward to.  Oh, and lets not forget your comforting sun puddles.  Tonight, I wish you love, comfort & healing .. & pleasant & calm dreams.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:   Greetings to all in the Schmoo Family!

Frankie is fairly level. Today she didn't hide once--not once!--under the bed. This is the first time in months. A tiny triumph, but we will take it!

@seaBreeze  We're thinking of your beloved mother and Bo, always. What kind things you wrote about this thread. It may surprise you to know that this thread actually went all the way back to January 2011--12+ years ago! QVC edited out the first four years of it while doing some programming cleanup. But it remains the same:  a place where pet lovers can come, support each other and relax.

@Shop Till you Drop @CamilleP  If you have time, a pic of your pups would be appreciated! @sceniccoast  Same for you of your (relatively) new kitties!

Today I'm featuring a photo of the Kitty Sitter's cat, Eskimo. Her boy has a bladder stone. They've changed his diet but continue to do watchful waiting on the stone, as he's a senior cat.

Look at this boy's face. Can you tell he loves his Cat Mom?

Frankie Eskimo May 2023 SZD.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shop Till you Drop wrote:

@Tissyanne  HI sweet Tissy, hope you are doing as well as possible.  We were still having comfortable and rainy weather through last week, but the heat turned up the last couple of days.  Hope you are well, take good care my friend.

@Shop Till you Drop , Good afternoon,  My sweet friend.  I am doing well, and enjoyed two nights of beautiful rainfall this week. We are now seeing 90 plus temps here. 

How are you, and Miss Katy doing these days? I imagine you are looking forward to the summer. I am thinking about trying to grow tomatoes, and yellow squash. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:  Greetings, Schmoo Family!

Frankie and I watched key moments in the coronation yesterday (can you spell B-L-I-N-G?), but we also enjoy tradition.

She's a little off the last two days, taking to hiding under the bed intermittently. We think it's the prolonged time on antibiotics, which also is messing with her appetite. She's now halfway through the last antibiotic.

So she's not posing! Enjoy this older photograph of our girl sleeping on my Vera Bradley cat slippers--and have a good week:

Frankie slippers 2021.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne Hi My Friend.  Katy and I are doing well.  I hope you can get your garden in, some fresh veggies would be great!  take care...

Trusted Contributor

@Sammy, we watched the coronation also!  that was really something to see, Katy got a bit bored at times..lol Give sweet Frankie a hug and tell her I hope she is feeling the best she can...take care

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   I'm so sorry Frankie's hiding a bit more, those antibiotics can really kick the system, I know.  For us, we can push high quality yogurt, but Frankie's case is too complicated for such a simple fix.  Sending more prayers for her to keep slowly getting better!

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm sorry Eskimo isn't feeling well.  It's obvious he's looking at his Mom with much love in his eyes .. he just adores her.  Do you know if he's feeling better yet?  I will pray for his wellness.  

I had so hoped Sweet Frankie's health would continue improving since last Thursday.  (I didn't get to complete my post then.)  It would be so nice if Frankie could feel much better for a change.  She's so delicate, just makes loving her even more so.  Frankie, I'm asking your loving Mom to please give you a hug & kiss from me.  My prayers are with you each day.  Tonight, I wish you peace, calmness & stay cozy in this cooler evening.  At least it's that way here.  Blessings Sweet Angel Girl.  xoxoxo

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:  Greetings to the Schmoo family.

Eskimo has a bladder stone and is about the same. His new diet is helping with his soft stools (soft serve, if you know what I mean). The vet gave the Kitty Sitter metronidazole in liquid form, unfortunately, for help in the latter. Unfortunately, it takes like garbage, so he foamed it everywhere. I told her to get a pill form and use Ye Old Pill Shooter and it will be fine.

Frankie is holding her own. This coming Saturday when she has a checkup with Most Excellent Vet, he'll get a personal look at her since this last health scare.

She is doing better, except for appetite, no doubt the result of so many different antibiotics. @CamilleP Frankie is on Proviable-DC, which is an excellent probiotic for dogs and cats, but it does nothing to restore appetite (anymore than yogurt in humans). It keeps her stools in reasonable shape. Her Most Excellent Vet also has us keep injectable cerenia on hand for the inevitable nausea from the Clavicillin.

We have to resort to appetite stimulants for the time being, and that's the best we can do. She doesn't need much of one to get her appetite improving. Still, we want her off of them--something hasn't happened for a long time.

DH has to go to a medical appointment this afternoon, so that throws her, too, but he'll be back soon.

He wanted me to share with so many of you who have been gracious with your posts of encouragement a photo taken of Frankie just the other day in a splendid nap:

Frankie comfy May 2023 SZD.jpg