Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Sweet Bo,  I hope you are feeling the best you possibly can today.  I pray that each day finds you happy and content as can be.  Take good care SeaBreeze..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters!  Yesterday, snow flew through the air; today, sleet. Normally we're well into the 80s by now.

Frankie takes it into stride. She gives a shout-out to Miss Bo--her sister in arthritic conditions. Miss Bo also has another thing in common with Frankie:  she's very photogenic and cute! @seaBreeze thanks for giving us a peek at your pup! @Shop Till you Drop @sceniccoast @newtoallthis @Tissyanne @seaBreeze @TrafficDiva @geezerette @grandkidsrgreat @CamilleP and so many others ... thank you for your encouragement and prayers. We send them back to all of you and your pets!

Frankie is making improvements still. She's moved more throughout the house in the last two days than she has in the past month!  This antibiotic seems to be working--we're nearing the end of week 2, with 2 more weeks to go.

She'll be seeing her Most Excellent Vet (MEV) on Saturday the 13th so he can take a close look at her.  Until then, we hold our breath a little and hope that this is going to work (you all know what I mean by being in this state).

We're hoping for a warm-up in the weather. And a return to her spring and summer activities, like watching her kestrels dive bomb her St. Francis fountain or the butterflies lighting on her plants in the garden or the bunnies giving her the stink eye in her back yard.

Then there's her favorite activity--dining with DH in front of an open window ... al fresco:

Frankie al fresco SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   SO glad to hear dear Frankie continues to improve, my prayers continue for her, your DH, and all of the Schmoo family currently facing challenges!

Respected Contributor

An observation made on this National Day of Prayer.  Everyday I sit in my mom's nursing home room, and noticed this when she fell asleep ... I decided to read a few pages of the Schmoo thread from its beginning, noticing nic-names of posters and they're still posting today in 2023-!   

What a kinship you all have here, and grateful that others are praying for us who can't seem to lift our faces out of our hands some days ... for that we are thankful.

Catprayers1.jpg

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

An observation made on this National Day of Prayer.  Everyday I sit in my mom's nursing home room, and noticed this when she fell asleep ... I decided to read a few pages of the Schmoo thread from its beginning, noticing nic-names of posters and they're still posting today in 2023-!   

What a kinship you all have here, and grateful that others are praying for us who can't seem to lift our faces out of our hands some days ... for that we are thankful.

Catprayers1.jpg

@seaBreeze , your words here touched my heart. Blessings to you, and your loved ones always. You are a part of our kinship here, on this beloved soft place to fall. Heart

6a40f2baa682217b21b95b464d3959d1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Miss Frankie ladybug,  I am so glad that you continue to feel a little better each day, You are teaching all of us that we can do hard things. 

I hope your summer is as wonderful as you are sweet girl. 

@Sammycat1 , I hope you, and  Mr. Sammycat are doing good. You all three are always in my prayers.  Always. 

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you Bo, and praying that you are feeling better each day. Heart

29f3082fbe5721ac9888d06a40d387f4.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@seaBreeze We truly are blessed to have such a deep kinship with each other, from all over the US.  We have laughed and cried and prayed for so many years.  You too are a part of US! I pray for you and your Dear Mother,  those days are hard days sitting, watching you loved one.  This wonderful group has seen me through the darkest days of my life.  A few years of watching my beautiful Mom slip away from me, to losing my Double J's (Joey and Jake) .  Big Hugs always to this special group of very Dear Friends.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne  HI sweet Tissy, hope you are doing as well as possible.  We were still having comfortable and rainy weather through last week, but the heat turned up the last couple of days.  Hope you are well, take good care my friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Hi Sammy, It sounds like each days is getting a little better.  Our prayers were heard and being answered.  Give sweet Frankie a special ear rub from me and tell her how much we are thinking about her.

Take good care.