Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Wednesday report:   Greetings to all Schmoosters!

@Tissyanne  thanks for your heartfelt message, as always. The photo of Frankie is an older one when she was more chunky. She's down to about 12.5 pounds, closer to where she should be and actually have a girlish figure, LOL!

She's struggling with all these antibiotics but she's fighting alongside us. I looked up antibiotic #4, which is recommended to piggyback on antibiotic #3, and discovered that it's not generally given to cats with liver disease. So I've had to send an email to her Most Excellent Vet to make sure it's absolutely safe to give her.

In the interim, she continues to create faces in her food, each a statement on her mood at the time.

Check out "cranky man," below. He's got a mountain made of duck for a big nose and a tight-lipped grimace:

Frankie food statement April 25 2023 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sounds like Frankie's MEV is pulling out all the stops to get her revitalized each week.  It makes my day to get any positive update or photo of her...and trying to figure out the 'Rorschach' blots in her food

zzzCatStretch.jpg  

My 'Bo' now uses a belly band (an old towel we hold) for transport from room to room...to outdoors.  Some improvement in three days...and we feel your prayers!  Blessed to have the Schmoo family here for emotional support.   @Sammycat1 

Trusted Contributor

Hi Sammy, so glad Frankie is still slowly moving in the right direction.  I'm with the TEAM, cherry flavor is not so yummy when you feel crummy.  I hope her tummy upset can be settled soon.  take good care...Prayers up and FrankieStrong!

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Greetings, Schmoo friends!

We're cautiously (knock on wood) here to report some slow but steady improvement in Frankie. Her MEV (Most Excellent Vet) has decided that she doesn't need to do the cherry flavored oral medication, but instead, can stay on the antibiotic she's taking ...  just for a lot longer (6 more weeks).

These inflammatory, infectious issues of the liver can get severe and need to be stomped just as severely. So he wants to try this approach instead.

So, @seaBreeze, thank you for your encouragement and keeping us in the loop of Miss Bo's progress (we're a big cheering section for her!) and @Tissyanne @geezerette @newtoallthis @Shop Till you Dropand so many others -- thanks for your ongoing prayers and wishes.

We need them. And @sceniccoast, the photo below is for you. It was taken the other night, the first night where Frankie's belly pain subsided enough that she could curl up...

... just like a cat:

Frankie April 2023 SZD.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm so very glad to hear this steady improvement. Prayers will continue for her steady progress. 💗Frankie💗

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

First, thanks so much for thinking of me & dedicating Sweet Frankie's 1st photo to me.  It's most appreciated.  Any & all photos of your girl are most welcomed by me.  

It pleases me that she's turned a corner, healthwise, but not taken for granted.  Of course, I think of & pray for for her each day.  

Second, I apologize for my tardy reply - my laptop was in the shop for a few days being diagnosed for issues.

Sweet Frankie:  your loving parents & MEV have taken very good care of you once again.  Maybe now, your food "faces" will be happier.  I hope the weather is not what ours is, a complete wash-out tomorrow.  Tonight, I wish you calm & peaceful dreams.  Heart

@seabreeze

I truly hope the Angels are watching & guiding your Precious Bo each day to feeling better again.  I don't believe I've seen her photo before, so thanks for sharing her with us.  She's gorgeous!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed & prayers going for all of you.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Monday report:  Greetings to all members of the Schmoo Family!

We hope everyone is doing OK, especially Miss Bo of @seaBreeze fame.

Frankie continues to slowly improve. She is much more herself, with the exception of an appetite that still needs to be propped up with a smidge of stimulant every couple of days. No wonder:  she's got a whopper of an infection and no one enjoys the effects of a lot of antibiotics.

She's moving around so much it's hard to get a good photo, so here's a tearjerker:  DH, known as Daddy, giving Frankie an ear massage.

Note the scrunched up back foot, symbol of contentment:

Frankie Ubu Daddy love SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

Sweet Frankie:

Best wishes for continued health improvements.  Even a little at a time is great!  Your daddy/daughter photo shows you very content & is beautiful.  Heart

I hope a sunny day greeted you this morning.  My hopes are your arthritis has simmered down.  Remember .. "Frankie Strong."  I wish you pleasant & sweet dreams tonight.  Heart

............................................................................................

Dear Bo:  my prayers are still with you for any signs of improvement.   My loving thoughts are with both you & your Mom.  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Photos say a thousand words and Miss Frankie looked so peaceful (in pix above), and we hope her appetite returns to her 'ole self that she has the fortitude to make more mud pies on her dinner plate.  

@Sammycat1 @sceniccoast 

Bo relaxes today on a disposal bed pad--not using diapers since mobility is compromised--she wobbles a short distance and falls down if not on carpet.  Bo seems happy.  That's all that matters.  We thank you all for cheering her on!

zzzzzBo5022023-1.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 What wonderful news Frankie is feeling a little better each day.  Daddy's ear rubs must feel so great  by looking at those little toes of happiness.  We continue to pray that Frankie is wrapped in healing each and every day. Take good care sweet friend.