Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@sceniccoast , you are a nice person too. Your kitties sound like a mischievous pair. I hope you enjoy their antics.  

Have a good weekend. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning,  Frankie ladybug.  I hope April will be a good month for you, sweet girl. You can see all kinds of fun things outside your window now. All the critters will be scurrying about, all twitter painted. Smiley Very Happy

Love you, sweet kitty.  Heart

9a1986af65a8b04dafd4ef46fa4bc382.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Tissyanne . 

Back at you!  Woman WinkHeart

Indeed, my two kitties are more than just mischievous .. Sometimes, it seems it never ends.  Woman Frustrated  Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Greetings Schmooster from a fine, sunny day! We hope our Schmoo family is not in harm's way from these powerful storms. They hit us yesterday and blew out as quickly as they blew in.

@sceniccoast  Forgive me about your new kitties. The last post I remember seeing was one where you said you were going to look at them (but not necessarily adopt them). Congratulations on your new furry ones! And ongoing sympathies. Please continue to visit, as @Tissyanne calls us, this is a soft place to fall.

We go to DH's surgeon tomorrow to followup and see what he thinks is causing this enduring problem he's having. Wish us well; we could use it!

Every once in a while, Frankie communicates without meowing. She creates "statements" in her food bowls.

We call the one below:  "Similar to the scary space ghost from Scooby Doo."  Not a positive message:

Frankie food statement March 2023 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I hope everyone is safe from these most recent devastating storms.  It's truly heartbreaking.  

No problem not remembering my kitties.  You're a very busy person with already having your share of health issues for both yourself & DH; and, of course, Sweet Frankie.  Best of luck on DH's appt.  Hopefully, his doctor can determine a corrective action to take to relieve his pain.  Blessings to you both.

Sweet Frankie's food message?  hmmm, let's hope it's only in fun ...

Frankie, I hope the storms didn't scare you too much.  I'm sure you found consolation with your loving parents.  Well, today's another day, bright & sunny!  I can already picture you relaxing in your sun puddles & conversing with your critter friends.  Enjoy a fun day.  And, tonight, wishing you very calm & peaceful dreams.

As of now, both kitties are napping, whew!  As usual, they've been little terrors since around 5am.  For now, they're taking a "breather."  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sammycat1   I think Frankie's latest food art resembles Edvard Munch's "The Scream."

Or, she was just too tired to be bothered with shaping it into a smiley face. Gravity got the better of it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuesday report:  Greetings Schmoosters, it's 83 degrees in Schmooville and every tree's blossoms have exploded in color!

@DrBabsFrankie is very particular as a "food artist." Nothing is created by gravity. Once she did a volcano that looked like Mt. St. Helens ... down to the part that imploded and slid into the valley.

DH's appointment results have many tentacles. We're letting it settle in before I report back here. Thanks for your concern.

Today, Frankie requests I share with you a new pen acquisition from Barnes & Noble. I'm a writer, so I'm also a pen and notebook junkie.

Does this pen remind you of anyone?  She thinks she's a lot cuter, even when she's giving me the disapproving stink-eye, as in photo #2, below:

Frankie pen SZD.jpg

Frankie p o d SZD.jpg

Super Contributor

@Sammycat1   Love the pen! Fun and creative to stimulate the creative writer's mind. Perfect! BTW -- some art can be a happy accident or a deliberate deviation. Perhaps Frankie is trying something new in her stylings?

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Greetings to the Schmoo Family!

Frankie is preparing for the Easter bunny's visit on Sunday. Before then, however, she has to go to her Most Excellent Vet, who is back to work after his skiing accident.

She has had some troubles off and on this week, not the least of which involved me accidentally stepping on her tail yesterday. I cried for an hour because she ran when she saw me until the evening. I had never hurt her.  On top of this, she must go to the vet and endure some intensive blood work, exam and imaging.

Please say a little prayer for her; her health declines but our aim is "quality, not quantity." She will be relieved to see that her personal vet is there. He relaxes her as much as she can be relaxed.

In the meantime, enjoy this closeup of her in her carpet fort waiting for a squirrel on TV to emerge so she can swat him or her. Makes no difference; they're rodents that must go down:

Frankie looking for squirrels.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I've also accidentally stepped on Sonny's tail recently.  Sometimes, we can't help ourselves when they move so fast in our way.  One moment they're not near us, the next, they are ..... then, the loud meow!  I feel so guilty & sorry afterwards.

I pray for Sweet Frankie every day.  I've grown so fond of her through the years.  Along with prayers for her health, I also pray for her appt. with her Most Excellent Vet to go well.  Maybe the excitement of them seeing each other again will put her in a "happy place." 

I hope the Sammycat Family is doing okay.  You're in my prayers.  Heart