Respected Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

That new spatula is the 'cat's meow'...now for some homemade cat treats (none containing mouse parts) that will make her day.  And Frankie certainly looks spry in her latest photo session! @Sammycat1 

Esteemed Contributor

Emergency prayer request:  My dearest friend--also known as the Kitty Sitter-- got devastating news late today. She has two kitties she brought home from the rescue where she tirelessly volunteers. One, Pooh Bear, began sneezing and drooling blood, and had trouble even eating his soft food.

He has an inoperable tumor wrapped around his jaw and some spots may be in his lungs. They put a fentanyl patch on him so she could think things over. To hers and everyone's amazement, he ate while at the vet and continues to eat at home.

He is enjoying his sun patches and eating and drinking ok. The patch gives her time to collect her thoughts and get arrangements for a mobIle vet in place for the right time. She's cleared her schedule throughout the end of the week. The vet tech will come over Saturday to swap out the patch if Pooh Bear seems to enjoying a little extra time with his beloved.

She is numb. Her beloved mother died late this summer of cancer and now this.

Please pray for my friend, her dear Pooh Bear and his brother cat Eskimo, who soon will devastated when he loses his brother. I will post a photo of the boys tomorrow.

I am heartbroken for them all.

Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 ,

I am so saddened about Pooh Bear. Please tell Kitty Sitter that her little bear, Eskimo, and her are in my prayers. 

I am sorry Sammycat. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I am so sorry about Pooh Bear. I'm holding Kitty Sitter and Pooh in my heart. My prayers are with her. 💔

Respected Contributor

rose2.jpg

Prayers for your dear friend and Pooh Bear ... my heart is sadden for little ones who suffer needlessly.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Thank you, Schmoosters, for your prayers, posts and hearts, for my friend the Kitty Sitter.

Pooh Bear came home last night and his pain patch allowed him to eat and rest. He was less comfortable today and had some additional swelling. The Kitty Sitter was in communication with the vet about pain meds and I encouraged her to be in in touch with a mobile vet when she believes it's time to let Pooh Bear go.

He is extra terrified to go to the vet, and it's quite a trip in the city, so this would be a last gift to him to set him free at home.

NOTE:  Pooh Bear will go on his next journey tomorrow afternoon. The vet believes, as our Most Excellent Vet does, that it's better to be a day too early than a day too late. This cancer is very aggressive, in the bone, and can metastatically consume Pooh Bear rapidly.

I read your messages to her and they touched her deeply.

Here's a photo of her beloved Pooh Bear (formally known as "Mr. Pooh Bear"):

Pooh Bear January 2022 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   I am heartbroken for Kitty Sitter, Pooh Bear and Eskimo, all three.  My prayers will be with them all as they make this transition, and Pooh Bear flies free of the body which is failing him.  Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Sammy, Please share my thoughts with Dear Kitty Sitter.  What heartbreaking news.  She has dealt with so much and this is just another horrible blow to her sweet family.  Dear Kitty Sitter,  I have read so much about you through the years and all you to do safe those kitties that have suffered so much in life.  You are an Angel to give them the very best you can, until the moment comes to say goodbye.  Sending you a virtual hug and know that we are lifting you in prayer as you make it through these next difficult days.  

Trusted Contributor

Sammy,  The surgeons report sound uplifting for sure!!!  The slow road continues, but better strides are being made.  DH and his Precious Frankie are doing well and thats a miracle from so many past days.  Now if sweet Frankie can hold her own and DH can continue to head in the right direction, You my Dear Friend, can soon catch a breath and find a bit of calm which you most dearly need.  Continued Prayers and Big Virtaul Hugs...

Take the best care possible

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I'm sorry I just read this very sad news.  My heart & prayers go out to your friend, the Kitty Sitter & Eskimo. Eskimo will be so lonely without his brother.  May Kitty Sitter & Eskimo find comfort together during this heartbreaking time.: heart:

Pooh Bear will be lovingly watched over by the Angels.  Heart