Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

@Sammycat1 ,

I want you to know that you, and your little family are in my thoughts,and prayers. I hope each one of you are doing okay. 

Rest when you can, my friend.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Hi My Friend,  I can't understand why people dont understand the love that some people have for pets.  It makes me wonder, what kind of caregiver will they will be for family members?  So sad, I know so many all of us, all in this group will go to the far end of the earth with care for both family and pets...I pray Precious Frankie is okay, I hope her appointment went well today.  Continued prayers always.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne We are doing pretty good.  The weather has been wet and cool, then warm and muggy.  You just never know from one day to the next.  Miss Katy is doing well.  We went for her two year checkup today, and the vet thought she looked good.  I sure missed Dr. B, but I will have to adjust to our new vet.  Here is my sweet girl.

Katy.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop 

Thank you for posting a photo of your very adorable Katy.  She sure is a beauty.  May you both share many more joyous years together.  Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shop Till you Drop ,

Ahhh, Katy is a very pretty girl. I know you are proud of her. Thank you for sharing her picture. Her posed paws are sooo cute. I love her floofy ears too. 

We are enjoying 80 degree weather for a few days, and a freeze on the way for later this week. 

I hope the holidays will be good for you this year. 

Love,

Gail

Honored Contributor

@Shop Till you Drop 

Miss Katy is adorable and looks like she is a perfect little princess! 🥰👑

Esteemed Contributor

Wednesday report:  Greetings, Schmoosters.

Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. I do read every day even if in the heat of battle here I don't post every day.

DH update:  Sobering. A slower recovery than originally thought. I can't write more.

Frankie:  Had her second-to-last appointment with her most excellent vet in the House that He Built.  He's down. But we had a good visit all the same. He's always thorough with her and he got the pain medicine situation squared away.

The inflammation in her mouth is not stomatitis (her throat looked good!) but instead the eosinophilic granuloma complex--hitting her gum line and snoot this time instead of producing tumor-like growths on her back. We have to increase her pred to knock it down, a risk with her heart disease that can't be helped. It will eat her gum tissue away otherwise. The only good thing about this is it's like a deep allergic reaction that goes away within a month. 

Her heart was racing badly--240 beats a minute--high fever of 103.3 and shaking through the whole thing. But: her blood work was outstanding except for her thyroid, which shot back up again. 

It brought tears to my eyes knowing we're losing him unless we drive her to the new practice. He scruffled her head gently and told her she'd be all right.

So a request from Schmoosters:  We need to get the vet something meaningful as a thank you for not only saving Frankie's life more than a half dozen times, but all of our pets for the past 20 years.  I will write him a personal thank you (hey, I'm a writer) with photos of all the pets on the "custom" letterhead I make, but we want something physical and classy. Etsy really has nothing. So if you have any ideas, please kick them our way.

When she's not in her front window acting as "neighborhood watch," Frankie will look over your ideas:

Frankie at window Nov 2022 SZD.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1   I'm so sorry the news on your DH's progress is not what you hoped, I will keep praying that things turn around for him very soon!  Of course, sweet Frankie's well-being is also in my prayers, every day.  I hope the holiday season can bring you all some happiness and peace this year.

Trusted Contributor

@Sammycat1 Prayers that your DH will get better faster. More prayers for you with your health issues too and of course prayers for Frankie to be well. I also pray that your most excellent vet will be happy where he moves and that you will find some way to see him. Wherever he goes he will carry you, DH and every pet of yours he cared for in his heart. There are some people and pets that are special you and yours fit that description to a T. Wishing you peace and love
Honored Contributor

@Sammycat1 

I too am sorry to hear that Mr Sammycat is not recovering as you had hoped.  But you both have the patience of Job and the faith of a thousand saints, so please try to hang in there.  I just hope that neither of you overdoes it.  A slower but steady pace with no setbacks.🙏

It sounds like Frankie's vet will be as sorry to leave her as you are to see him go.  I'm afraid I don't have any gift ideas for you (my old brain doesn't work as well as it used to), but perhaps you could incorporate your trademark "Most Excellent Vet" title into whatever you choose.